JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well they do use the SR-25 which is almost the same as an AR-10. It is the M110 semi-automatic sniper system. Only thing is, if you want an actual KAC it will cost both your kidneys and your left nut. That's why I said I was interested in the new LMT .308. It has their nifty monolithic rail upper and reportedly shoots at least .75moa with match grade ammo. Probably even better if you experiment with handloads. They are also coming out with a super accurized version in the near future.

If you guys are looking for nifty M1A stocks that don't handle like butthole, I like the one that comes with the SOCOM 16. Has an optic rail and bipod and sling mounting points. Not as tacticool looking as the Sage EBR, but it's a no-nonsense very functional stock.

Hey spengo, where did you get your info on the LMT's? Just curious, thanks.

So the Afghans are 400 yds out and moving in and out of rocky cover. Two of them are packing Mauser bolt actions chambered in 8x57,... They've got at least adjustable iron sights that are calibrated to 1000M+ and good eyes, as well as a spotter with 20x binocs. One or more may have a scope mounted,...
They only have to be able to shoot "minute of torso."

If you don't have at least an m1a you are seriously outgunned!

Built and owned a M21 squad sniper rifle some recent years ago. I love the m14 platform. Shot and carried one in the USMC as a boot and sometime after those days. It has long legs and is a very stable squad designated marksman firearm. The main reason they are bringing them back is due to the lack of hitting power in the 5.5 poodleshooter round of late. It lacks the distance of the 7.62 also. I see the m4 as a good home defense and urban weapon, but would keep the m14 for all other applications. Greydog.:s0155:

Ft Benning has submitted the request to start testing the 6.5 Grendel. That would be an excellant round for a compromise for the two needs.

Funny how the AR/M4 platform is winning fewer and fewer friends within the military. The big push is to create an AR/M4 with AK and/or FAL characteristics. Anyone else notice that?

SF-

Silver Fox, I heard they are going with the 6.8 rather than the 6.5 Grendal? Everything I've read about the 6.5, especially the ability to adapt to our current M4, makes me believe they are making a mistake going to the 6.8. Look at the 6.5 it beats the 6.8 in every area.

I don't have an M1A at this point, but I do have a Garand... amazing rifle. The AR15 is a great rifle, but it really lacks the stopping power of the heavier round.

I have an M1A with synthetic stock and one scope mt and one holo mount. It's a good gun

I personally prefer my HK91/PTR91 which are set up very similar to the Army DS

The EBR features a standard M14 barrel, plus a receiver and trigger assembly that's fitted with a Sage International adjustable aluminum stock, a Leopold 3.5x10 power scope and Harris bipod legs.

My HK/PTR both do about 2 MOA with Eotechs.. a little better with a scope. That's just about good for torso shots at 700 to 800 yards

For most civilian self defense uses the 5.56 can get the job done, and for older folks, ladies and youth it's usually all they can handle

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top