JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Built a Spikes lower a while back and did some trading for a complete upper. Took it out and it's all over the map. No two shots seem the same. Can't keep it on paper. We put a bowling pin at 25 yards. It would hit then be left, right, high, low then who knows

Where do I start with this. I will try and get some info off the barrel when I get a chance

I have tried PMC and Remington ammo.

stick with one kind of ammo, for consistancy, for now I would use the remington. Make sure the barrel is properly tightened onto the upper reciever. Make sure you have proper headspace. make sure the muzzle crown is even and concentric. Shoot from a bench carefully and slowly. if you have a freefloat tube, great. it could be one of these or a combination, or something entirely different.

all I could think of for now.

what aiming device?scope?flip up sites?red dot?all of the above?
loose barrel and head space sound like a good bet too as the other 2 said but my first thought was a knock off red dot that wont hold accurate.
also barrel rifleing 1:9?1:7? and what grain ammo with that?if your running a 40gr bullet with a 1:7 bbl that would explain it but sounds like your probably well seasoned with ar's building your own and all so im sure you have ammo vs.rifleing figured out.

Are you using a rest or no rest?

Cheap red dot or optic not holding true?

Front sight not pined and loose?

is it a 5.56 or 223 barrel? How about ammo? 5.56 or 223?

twist as others have stated?

Lot's need to be answered yet.

Stay Safe.

@ double tap

Both open sight and a handy 4x 32 to see if the flip up was floating shooting 55 and 63 grain and pretty sure it's a 1-9. Loose barrel not sure. I am lost on the Head space and muzzle crown comments

i just learned the barrel nut must be torqued to 50ftlbs.and the barrel and bolt coming from different companies may require you to check head spacing to make sure they match up ok.

also buffer tube....are you sure your buffer tube is right for your gun and stock?if not your issue could be from lack of bolt action or too much spring?

See my thread in the "Gunsmithing and Repairs" section titled "Bushmaster Accuracy Issues". I went through everything before deciding I needed a new barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top