JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where is the best place to get good 30rd AR mags and what are the best ones to get? I only have experiance with factory Colt mags and have never had a problem with them. The reason I ask is I am looking for 20+ mags and want to make sure I don't end up with the wrong ones.

D&H. Best USGI mags I've used, cheaper than Brownells including magpul followers.

<broken link removed> $14 - best deal I've seen by a long shot in the last few months.

Looks like they've got a 100/$1001 deal - in stock now. It'd be great do do a group buy on these for like $10-$11 each depending on shipping... them's pre-obama panic prices.

44mag.com is also a great source and the shipping is indeed fast. Ground = 2nd day in state, typically. Good deal on C-products mags there (also D&H sans magpul followers, assorted others). I like c-products a lot and haven't had any problems. Though some people do report occasional bad mags (c-products has good CS so no worries if you get a bad one)

Still though, my votes for D&H. The ones from Bravo Company are a good deal and Bravo Company is top notch so buy with confidence.

Oh, and obviously pmags, the almighty pmags. Those are good too but they sell out within minutes everywhere these days. Buy USGI cheap, and stack em deep.

how about Magpul PMAGs what does everybody know about the long term reliability of these?

Pmags are great. They've only been out so long so who knows about true "long term" reliability but all indicators are good so to speak. They will take abuse that will kill an aluminum mag and keep going strong. Check out some of the videos on youtube of them being shot and run over and this and that and still functioning.

I wouldn't ONLY buy pmags, you just never know what issues there may be in the future, but definitely buy some if you find them at a price you're willing to pay. Like I said above, Pmags have been selling out within minutes since the election.

Magpul just came out with a new M revision that looks to be quite nice, I'm seeing a lot of them coming up for sale privately, especially over on the Arfcom EE, not sure which vendors have them at this point, sites should be updated with them within the next month or so would be my guess. There's a lot of new magpul stuff coming out soon...

Put some Magpul followers in your Bownell mags and see if it helps.

Just opened it up, and it IS a Magpul grey (gen III?) follower...

So, here is what the scenario was:

Virgin Bushmaster M4-A3

Remaned ammo (from buyammo.com)

Brownells mags.

Was not quite feeding right with two of the Brownell's mags, switched to the PMags, and fed fine.

I did have similar problems with breaking in my M4, so i used only Pmags and factory fresh ammo, and after about 500 mags switched to the remaned ammo and it works fine now.

The P-mags are pretty sweet, although a little hard to find sometimes. I just got some shipped from www.tacticalsight.com and also some from www.dsgarms.com They didn't have any in stock when I just checked, but they also sell Magpul E-Mags (export) sweet!

EMAGBLKwtmk.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top