JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The are different generations. You don't really see the first gen much any more, there kind of garbage. the big difference between 2nd and 3rd gen are the 3rd gen has better feed lip geometry, an over insert stop, an improved follower, a dot matrix for individual mag marking and a more compact base plate. They have also different dust covers, the M2 no longer come with them. They are also suppose to be stronger.

The are different generations. You don't really see the first gen much any more, there kind of garbage. the big difference between 2nd and 3rd gen are the 3rd gen has better feed lip geometry, an over insert stop, a dot matrix for individual mag marking and a more compact base plate. They have also different dust covers, the M2 no longer come with them.
I see deals now on lots of Gen m2's.
Have loads of Gen 3's.
I like that dust cover cap thingy.

Thanks.

I see deals now on lots of Gen m2's.
Have loads of Gen 3's.
I like that dust cover cap thingy.

Thanks.

IIRC the M2 are normally $3-4 cheaper, I typically buy them both in blocks of 10 when they are on sale (good luck with that anytime soon). I also like the window mags for training, pretty handy.

Well that was awesome.

Now I know - PMAG.

kfu.jpg

IIRC the M2 are normally $3-4 cheaper, I typically buy them both in blocks of 10 when they are on sale (good luck with that anytime soon). I also like the window mags for training, pretty handy.
I see a couple sales now... m2's at 10 bucks in 10's.

BTW, there was a bit of a debacle where some BCM lower receivers would not accept the M3 mags because of the over insert stop tab, which I beleive has since been fix with the USMC has adopting them, but may be an issue with some older BCM guns. I've not had any problem with my two.

I think I have a handful of M3s, including a few of the 40 rounders. They work great. With that said, all of my M2s have worked great too and I've bought my fair share from PSA @ $7.99 each or 10 comboed with 1000 rounds of ammo for cheap. I don't plan on seeing those deals anytime soon, but I did buy another Gen 2 over the weekend from Black Flag Armory in Medford. I'm not usually one for logos on firearms or mags, but this one spoke to me:

PMAG_SOJ_20200629_1.jpg

Anyway, if anyone has any Gen 2s they want to let go of cheap, I can take them off your hands. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top