AR Magpul Mags - M1, M2, M3 - What are the differences?

titsonritz

Reactions
The are different generations. You don't really see the first gen much any more, there kind of garbage. the big difference between 2nd and 3rd gen are the 3rd gen has better feed lip geometry, an over insert stop, an improved follower, a dot matrix for individual mag marking and a more compact base plate. They have also different dust covers, the M2 no longer come with them. They are also suppose to be stronger.

OP
EHJ

EHJ

Reactions
The are different generations. You don't really see the first gen much any more, there kind of garbage. the big difference between 2nd and 3rd gen are the 3rd gen has better feed lip geometry, an over insert stop, a dot matrix for individual mag marking and a more compact base plate. They have also different dust covers, the M2 no longer come with them.
I see deals now on lots of Gen m2's.
Have loads of Gen 3's.
I like that dust cover cap thingy.

Thanks.

titsonritz

Reactions
BTW, there was a bit of a debacle where some BCM lower receivers would not accept the M3 mags because of the over insert stop tab, which I beleive has since been fix with the USMC has adopting them, but may be an issue with some older BCM guns. I've not had any problem with my two.

s1xty7

Reactions
I think I have a handful of M3s, including a few of the 40 rounders. They work great. With that said, all of my M2s have worked great too and I've bought my fair share from PSA @ $7.99 each or 10 comboed with 1000 rounds of ammo for cheap. I don't plan on seeing those deals anytime soon, but I did buy another Gen 2 over the weekend from Black Flag Armory in Medford. I'm not usually one for logos on firearms or mags, but this one spoke to me:

PMAG_SOJ_20200629_1.jpg

Anyway, if anyone has any Gen 2s they want to let go of cheap, I can take them off your hands. ;)

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
    • matts
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    First time....
    First time working with a gunsmith but I found Copeland Gunworks to be an awesome husband wife team that worked really fast and things were...
Top Bottom