JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have searched and read but my question is more geared towards the reloading of the weapon.
I have Magpul gen 3 in both solid and window. Amend2, older green follower and new tan follower Brownells. Only my metal mags drop free without any help. Both loaded and unloaded in all 3 of my rifles that are milspec.
Am I just being a whining bubblegum? I am absolutely and totally trying to be faster with my reloads. Do I break out the emory cloth and steel wool?

I have searched and read but my question is more geared towards the reloading of the weapon.
I have Magpul gen 3 in both solid and window. Amend2, older green follower and new tan follower Brownells. Only my metal mags drop free without any help. Both loaded and unloaded in all 3 of my rifles that are milspec.
Am I just being a whining bubblegum? I am absolutely and totally trying to be faster with my reloads. Do I break out the emory cloth and steel wool?
Can you provide a picture of your mag release button? It may not be threaded deep enough.

This is a sample picture from web of what it should look like

IMG_0290.JPG

The only mags I had that didn't drop free before I sold them for an impending move was a 40 round polymer (Promag I think:eek:),otherwise my steel, aluminum, and other polymers of various flavors and varieties all dropped free. But as previously stated not all mags are created equal and polymer is more flexible than metal, generally.

Brutus Out

Well it has been figured out. When they coated my lowers, all bought at the same time, they coated them to thick. Some emory cloth and steel wool in a few key locations and mags fall free!!
Good to hear it. I finally brought my calipers home and did some measurments. 5 thousanths really makes a difference as the GI mags have the most wiggle and the Magpul Gen 2 have the least.

BCM Lower - 2.390" x 0.895"
GI Mags - 2.380" x 0.882" (BCM & ACS)
M2 Window - 2.385" x 0.890"
M3 Both Styles - 2.380" x 0.890"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews