JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the Lancer LW AWM mags, particularly the translucent smoke versions: durable polymer body, steel feedlips, and the translucent plastic means you don't have to rely on just a window to see your round count.

I'm used to the GI mags and they fit into my LBEs but I have MP mags as well.
I hear that the new MP mags fit into pouches and don't hang-up like the earlier models
You will want 1 20 rnd mag for shooting off a bench!

My buddy told me to go brownells. But I have always read magpul gen2 for price and reliability. Just tired if wasting money on junk. Brownells has their mags for 10.00 with 10 off of 150.00. Magpul on brownells are 13-15

I love my magpuls but im also liking my gi mags with magpul followers, they sell 3 packs for 6 bucks at most places and they are a big upgrade over the green issue followers

magpul 20rd I don't like the new m3 as well as the old ones though (they function fine they just take a little more to lock into place on a closed bolt). The 30s are great to I just prefer the size of the 2 rd (fits in a pocket better).

Brownells USGI mags.
$8-10 per mag and darn tough.

I wouldnt get the D&H mags (black with orange follower)
ALL of the ones I had and left loaded could not retain their floor plates and they bulged out quite far, enough to snag on gear and pop off. Junk.

But brownells mags, Pmags, Lancer (better of the two) or TSD.

In order of personal preference, price no object: HK polymer, Lancer AWM, Magpul Gen 3, HK Steel, USGI + anti-tilt follower. Between those 5, it's practically splitting hairs.

If the magazines are being used: they are consumables. That being said, they will have an expected service life so one should be planning to replace them with use on a regular basis. The polymer magazines have the added benefit of being able to visually see how many rounds are left.

The HK polymer to me is the tipping point of the performance/cost curve. Probably the pinnacle of polymer magazines.

The Lancer L5 AWM is about the same price as the HK and offers Steel feed lips if that matters.

Magpul Gen 3 windowed is cheaper still, and may be an even better value.

The HK steel magazine is the one to get if it's for absolute durability and reliability: the only penalty is cost and weight by being the most expensive and the heaviest.

The USGI magazines are the cheapest, and fairly reliable with the anti-tilt follower.

Last Edited:
I have 14 Magpuls, 2 10 rnd magpuls and about 5 GI's with original followers, I never use the GI's, and they would be last resort if I needed 570 rnds to get the job done. Magpul is the better option in my opinion

Here was a random thought of mine I had while in a crawlspace and i came accross various aged plastics, how well does the polymer of the Pmags hold their age?

After seeing how brittle the aged plastics were left in that crawlspace after 5-10 years.. I can only imagine the same for the Pmags if left to the elements in a SHTF scenario..
So it only reaffirmed my faith in USGI mags. I know over time theyll hold up.

Just a thought.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads