Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR lowers finally dropping in price

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by nick1980, Apr 19, 2013.

1. nick1980

nick1980 Portland, OR Active Member

Nice to see AR lowers for $149.99 at multiple places and LPK for $89.99. Still not as cheap as they were but they are getting closer and closer. I think by mid summer prices will be as low as they once were. Now ammo is another story!!!

2. Born2hunt

Born2hunt Linn cnty Member

So glad to see this...I have noticed prices for everything are getting better....I am ready to walk into a sporting goods store and buy whatever the hell I want without having to sell the hunting truck to do it!!

3. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Yeah... but why buy an on-paper one when I can get a perfectly legal no-paper 80%-95% "Partially Completed Receiver" like this one:
    M4 Carbine AR-15 Rifle 95 Percent Lower Receiver - American Spirit Arms
    that ONLY needs a jig and a drill-press to complete by cutting the FCG pocket, for the same price? (And as a bonus, once you've bought the jig you can keep popping out as many PCR's as you like... AS LONG AS you're not building them with intent to sell or distribute.)

4. Spadkarma

Spadkarma South Lake Whatcom Member

I'm pretty sure that in 2-3 months the market will be flooded with AR rifles, parts and magazines. Ammo and reloading supplies will take a lot longer to catch up.

5. conp435

conp435 woodinville Active Member

psa lowers are 119 and 59 for lpks

6. Scvette

Scvette Olympia Active Member

I just picked up 2 grim reapers at surplus ammo for 129 ea,they hey had blems for 119.

7. chrisk86

chrisk86 Spokane Member

What would all the jigs cost you? Do you need any special drill bits or anything or is it pretty much anything off homedepot shelves

8. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

I'd suggest Harbor Freight for a drill-press and bits--and really, if you're curious about homebuilding do check out the Home Gunsmith Forum at Home Gunsmith Forums ; those guys are experts, I'm still just in the "learning before even buying tools" phase.

If you only want one or two AR's and aren't a total privacy freak it's not worth it, but if you have a curious mind, possibly even an interest in someday learning how to do 'em from 0% billets or forgings, and don't have the computer savvy and budget for a stereolithographic printer and Defense Distributed's 3d-print lower, plus the absolute privacy assurance of something that's "never officially existed"...

Take a look at this doc: DIY Suppliers List