Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

ar lower

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by goatguns, Jan 10, 2012.

1. goatguns

goatguns Dallas OR Member

where is the cheapest place to buy an ar lower? Thank you

2. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

3. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

The cheapest I have seen is SAA lowers at Curt's. 90 out the door. After you add the shipping, FFL fee's, and BGC to a 60 dollar part, it's a wash.

4. TDH

TDH Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro had some for $69.95 + $10 for the BGC, they were SAA as well.

5. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

Is that price for a stripped lower or a stripped AND LPK?

6. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I got my SAA on gunbroker.com and with shipping and ffl transfer and background check was $85. Transfer fee was $10 fyi. The quality of the lower was pretty nice. You can also go to aimsurplus.com and they have some different ones at a decent price.

7. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

Where do you get your $10 transfer fees??

I got my lower from PSA when they were running one of their sales for $50. Came to $82 with shipping and transfer/background. I have 2 more PSA lowers that I got in trade.

IMG_0040.jpg

I also bought a Spikes lower from AIM for $80 with free shipping plus $25 transfer/background=$105

8. biggie24420

-rds801-

I went through my buddy Ryan from Ryan Judy sports. I believe Ryan is also partners with Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro, you might wanna call them and find out. Also A CUT ABOVE PAWN on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy does transfers for $10. there is also the "GUN STORE" on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy but they charge $75 ahahahahah so stay away from them.

9. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

Are they just charging $10 for bg check and transfer? That's a hell of a deal. Sounds like they are doing the paper work for free.

10. biggie24420

No.... it's $10 transfer fee per item and the $10 for BG is separate. So if you buy 2 firearms, you pay $20 for transfer but one background check fee. I bought two AKs online and when they got to my FFL (Ryan) I paid a total of $30 and I went home with them both.

11. x1hunter89

x1hunter89 gresham oregon Active Member

plum crazy lowers complete for 140 at the gun show plus 10 BG

12. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

Gotcha

13. numbnutz

numbnutz molalla Active Member

Or you could talk to brad from the forum here and pay $130 out the door

14. Garg

He recently raised his price to 140, plus BGC. Just FYI. But yeah, they are a great piece of kit for plinking.

15. numbnutz

numbnutz molalla Active Member

My bad I just looked at his ad last week and they were $130. Still $150 out the door is decency price for a complete lower.

16. biggie24420

I don't have any experience with the polymer lowers but the internals being polymer kinda makes me go hmmmmm. I seen some torture tests on the polymer AR lowers and they actually hold up good. If you get a stripped lower and put some metal parts inside.... I could see that being a nice build. If you are gonna have a dedicated .22 rifle I guess it's all good if everything is polymer (internals).

17. Garg

I have one. It's an ok little lower. It works fine. It's not my main, but I use it as a test fixture, and it has never failed. For the average plinker it would be more than fine.