Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR lower receiver

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by jefe, Nov 12, 2012.

1. jefe

jefe Portland Active Member

I'm interested in getting into the AR platform. Looking for a decent, entry-level AR lower (preferably stripped; I want to build).

Dealers and FFLs, please don't contact me unless you're willing to sell as a private OR resident, FTF. Looking for FTF with OR resident.

2. Dan-Dee Sales Inc

Dan-Dee Sales Inc Sweet Home, Oregon, United States Active Member

pretty hard for a dealer to do a ftf. lol

3. jefe

jefe Portland Active Member

from what i understand, dealers can do so--if they want--but on a limited basis. there does exist a difference between one's personal life and business (ffl) life. the only issue with ffl's pursuing ftf transactions concerns sheer quantity: the atf finds it a problem for ffls to purchase as an ffl and then sell in a personal ftf transaction; ffls can "sell to themselves" and then sell ftf if they wanted, but if constant it is considered abuse.

i am assuming ffls have property outside of their business, or are the personal firearms of an ffl still business property? how else might an ffl distinguish between business property and personal property?

plus, i decided to include that bit about ffls because i'm tired of being contacted by ffls every time i post a "firearms wanted" ad.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.