Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR lower parts installation

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by absoluterik07, Nov 26, 2010.

1. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

Hey so I was wondering if any of you experienced AR builders could tell me what tools I will need to install a complete lower parts kit into a stripped lower? Assuming the OSP background check is back online tomorrow I will be picking both of these up and going to make a project out of it for the day. Just wondering in advance if there were any special tools I will need other than the basics which I already have. Thanks in advance, Erik :thumbup:

2. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Roll pin punches and a set of robo-grips with some duct tape....not 100% necessary, but help.

Everyone freaks over the front detent spring, but I have yet to lose one, if you need to, a razor blade works well to hold it in place as you slide in the pin....

3. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

4. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

Very simple to "assemble" not build the lower. Just google AR15 assembly and it will take you less than an hour if your taking your time

5. absoluterik07

Sweet, thanks guys! I figured all I was missing were the roll punches. I must say though I was kind of hoping it would take longer than an hour though!

6. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Why longer than an hour? So you can spend more time in the man cave?

7. absoluterik07

Exactly! I've got a free schedule tomorrow and now im going to be wishing I had money for the upper to go with it so I can test it out. Now I'm just going to have to sit there and stare at it all day long wishing it wasn't raining and that it was complete! :(

8. schaz42

schaz42 Salem New Member

Hey man I'm in Salem by Minto Brown Park, honestly I can do it in less than 15 minutes, I've got all the tools for it, my payment, beer!!

Oh and A2 stock or M4 type? Different Armorer wrenches, need to know which one to bring,

James

9. absoluterik07

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I will be throwing an m4 stock on it but I'm not sure if I'm going to buy that today as well. I still want to check out a few others before buying a magpul ctr again. Also, I may have to take you up on that offer PM me and maybe we can work something out.:thumbup:

10. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

3/32 punch (bcg hold), hammer for punch, screw driver (or hex) for the grip. I can't think of anything else....