JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my experience building AR15's in the Soviet cartridge, it is best if they have the proper feed ramp. M4 feed ramps combined with the taper of the round can cause fail to feeds. If your upper has a ramp like this you should be good. Not all have issues, but if yours does, you'll know.

Considering how many companies are now making upper receivers in 7.62x39 I'd like to believe that the feeding issues have been sorted out. My rifle came with a lifetime warranty, one of the reasons why I did not just buy an upper and bcg. I did do some research before buying and I am aware of the issues with feeding when these rifles were introduced. I guess I will find out on Thursday :)

So far I disassembled and lubed the rifle, the fit is excellent. The upper and lower fit as tightly as my other 2 ARs.

Here is a daylight picture, the fit and finish looks good:

DSC_2457.JPG

Ready for the range on Thursday:

DSC_2467_01.JPG

Last Edited:
I got to take the rifle out today just to empty a few magazines to see how it shoots. We fired about 50 shots, only had 1 malfunction where the primer was struck without the bang. It was either ammo related or the hammer spring is not strong enough (easy fix, known issue) What was interesting is that scope was never sighted in, yet it was fairly accurate.

please don't laugh at me for hitting my car with the shell casings lol. There was not much room where we stopped because I was trying not to get stuck in the snow.

Last Edited:

My second 7.62x39 AR, Hardened Arms 10.5" upper, Spike's Tactical Lower with stronger Wolff hammer spring installed. First time out, fired a few hundred rounds only one malfunction that was either ammo or magazine related. This thing is very loud, even with ear protection and the recoil is noticable. Once the Red dot sight was dialed in I did a 3" group at 50 yards. It's kind of hard to be accurate when the dot covers up your target area. Then only thing I am planning to change is getting Magpul backup iron sights. The ones I installed are junk.

Last Edited:
I got to take the rifle out today just to empty a few magazines to see how it shoots. We fired about 50 shots, only had 1 malfunction where the primer was struck without the bang. It was either ammo related or the hammer spring is not strong enough (easy fix, known issue) What was interesting is that scope was never sighted in, yet it was fairly accurate.

please don't laugh at me for hitting my car with the shell casings lol. There was not much room where we stopped because I was trying not to get stuck in the snow.

Nice rifle, looks good!

But.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, I laughed. But I was laughing WITH you, not at you. K?

Nice rifle, looks good!

But.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, I laughed. But I was laughing WITH you, not at you. K?

LOL I know. I started shooting and heard this ding, ding, ding :) Crap I better move......

With the Wolff hammer spring installed I had zero malfunctions/feeding issues with the Radical Arms Carbine. I dialed in the scope and at 50 yards pretty much drilled out the center of the target, much more manageable than the pistol. Hardly any recoil, it feels light yet stable as any AR should be. I am kind of thinking about getting the 18" upper next from Hardened Arms, their finish looks a little bit nicer than Radical Arms and also prefer their forearm setup more.

Considering a quality AK can deliver all the accuracy the x39 has to offer, with the added bonus of the dependability that comes from a platform built from the ground up to run it, I fail to see the benefit of these funky hybrid/mutant ARs.

Admittedly, "just because" is a perfectly valid reason:)

Considering a quality AK can deliver all the accuracy the x39 has to offer, with the added bonus of the dependability that comes from a platform built from the ground up to run it, I fail to see the benefit of these funky hybrid/mutant ARs.

Admittedly, "just because" is a perfectly valid reason:)

I disagree. The AK is an outdated WW2 style platform, ergonomics, design, accuracy, upgradability, mounting optics etc. (I own a very nice AK) I would put this budget $500 AR Carbine up against any $700- $800 AK and I bet it will match or exceed their performance and reliablity. The fact that an affordable 7.62x39 upper fits on any standard multi cal lower is what makes the AR platform a more logical choice to shoot the 7.62x39 round. You can pick your barrel length, configuration(rifle/carbine/pistol), all the variety of forarms, buttstocks, grips are all out there for the AR. With the AK you are stuck with what you got, you can change your furniture and pray that the receiver has the siderail attached straight and that your scope mount lines up with the receiver of whatever country it's from. And at the end if you succeed your AK will still look goofy as hell. As you can tell I am speaking from experience :) I can't even think of another platform that would match the flexibility of the AR. All the different manufacturers yet 99% of the time the parts work together.

The only advantage the AK ever had was it's caliber, the 7.62x39

Because everyone likes pictures:

DSC_2592.JPG

Last Edited:
Please review when you get it, I am interested in these and want to hear some input before I pull the trigger on it. Can these take magpul AK mags?

Radical Firearms AR15 Rifle 762x39

I like it, it's a nice affordable AR. So far I fired about 200 rounds through it. All I've done to it is replaced the hammer spring (ammo related) and installed a different muzzle brake (because I could). It's accurate, reliable and fun. It takes AR magazines in 7.62x39.

I will be taking it out on Thursday, I will post a video of it shooting :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads