JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rock River LAR8 uses FAL mags

CMMG makes a lower that takes HK G3 mags

As for the AR-10 mags, you're right, they're modified M14 mags, and the factory mags are based on the same modification. Armalite made that move due to the assault ban (they originally used SR25 mags) so that all of the M14 mags grandfathered in would be available to modify for the AR10.

It's great to see a post with correct information!!!!

ive been thinking in the same line and if it was for just paper targets id go for a AR type but i was thinking battle rifle it was between two the M1A or a DSA FN fal

The 7.62/.308 AR platform can be heavy but you can get a Infantry profile AR10 that's around 7+lbs. The LMT is an 18" barrel and I think it's at 8+/-lbs. Either one would be a fantastic battle rifle.

As far as reliability they are like their little sister. You need to properly oil and grease them and you should have 100% reliability. The AR10, LMT and KAC are all in military service in a war zone.

If you decide to build I have a 24in barrel, gas block and a CF handguard from a KAC SR25 Match that I'm looking to sell - I'll make you a darn reasonable deal on them too. Pretty sure these parts would work with a MA-TEN build.

If you aren't into building then I'd say save a few more dollars and get a decent Armalite.
Sorry if I'm bringing this post back from the dead but I'm currently trying to put together an original upper for my sr25 and was wondering if you still had these parts and were still selling them? Would really like to compare my 18"JP barrelled upper against the original 24"with CF handguard. Thanks in advance, Joe.

Sorry if I'm bringing this post back from the dead but I'm currently trying to put together an original upper for my sr25 and was wondering if you still had these parts and were still selling them? Would really like to compare my 18"JP barrelled upper against the original 24"with CF handguard. Thanks in advance, Joe.

You would probably have a much better chance reaching locobob by sending him a private message.

The only piece I have left is the CF handguard.

DPMS LR308, depending on exact model, spend the rest on mags.

There are some M1As that can be had for $1100-$1200, and in theory you could spend the rest on mags.

Purchased my first M1A for $1200

You could save even more money and build an Aeroprecision .308 AR. Throw some cheap but awesome magpul furniture on there and you got yourself a kick bubblegum tack driver. These can be built for less than $800. Use the money you saved for some nice glass.

I have used all the 308 gas guns. I now have a FD 308 which is a rod operated AR. It is awesome . Accurate. The FAL had bubblegumty sights and the M14 was a poor shooter ,even in a national match.Both of those were high maintenance. However, in a serious situation I would go to my HK91. Never fails to feed, fire or eject. The best of all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top