JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know if they were improperly sized though because I can shoot them in my gun without any hiccups whatsoever!
If you really want to do this, try a reduced power (RP) buffer spring.
You're not making any permanent changes to the rifle.
Assuming carbine buttstock system ?
https://www.gunsprings.com/COLT/AR-15, CAR-15, M-16, M4, 9mm SMG AND SPORTER/cID2/mID1/dID79#490
For a permanent change, you can open up the gas port in barrel.
I don't recommend this unless you know what you are doing and have determined that the gas port diameter is too small for that particular "gas system length".

ETA:
You enrich Putin and his cronies if you buy that Russian crap ammo.
Americans are buying it, I see the steel cases all over the public shooting areas.

:)

I don't know if they were improperly sized though because I can shoot them in my gun without any hiccups whatsoever!
It's a Ruger AR556, so it should eat 5.56 or .223
My guess is that it is a new gun and not fully broken in.
On top of that they are feeding it crap ammo.

Run FULL POWER ammo like Lake City XM193 or M855 through a new gun for starters.
It is not prohibitively expensive.
If your new rifle won't run that stuff, then there is something wrong with your new rifle.

It's a Ruger AR556, so it should eat 5.56 or .223
My guess is that it is a new gun and not fully broken in.
On top of that they are feeding it crap ammo.

Run FULL POWER ammo like Lake City XM193 or M855 through a new gun for starters.
It is not prohibitively expensive.
If your new rifle won't run that stuff, then there is something wrong with your new rifle.
The factory ammo he is shooting that his gun was running fine was American eagle ammo. If his ammo didn't run in my gun I would tell him to just not buy those reloads ever again. But since it ran fine in my gun he wants his gun to function with everything. He won't buy the reloads ever again. His way of thinking is that his gun is his tool, and it needs to function properly 100% of the time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top