JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am looking for some help in fixing an AR problem I am having. The bolt in my DPMS AP4-308 is not locking all the way back, so the Bolt-Catch is not "catching the bolt". It is about 1/3" short of where it needs to be. There is no obstruction in the stock spring and everything appears to be put together right, but it is obviously not. When pull the charge handle back it feels like it is going all the way back, but something is not right. I hope that I am just an idiot and it is a quick fix. Any ideas? Any suggestions on a local shop to take a look at it (Tigard area)? Thanks.

Jon

Jon

if every thing factory or have you changed the stock or buffer spring or buffer

the Ap4.308 requires a shorter buffer which happens to about 1/3" shorter

as well it requires the longer M4 lenth buffer tube

There ya go...^

did it ever catch the bolt before? when it's 1/3" short can you stick your finger up the magwell and help push the bolt back the rest of the way?

If I understand you right, you pull the charging handle back, and you can't get the bolt pulled back far enough to get it to engage the bolt catch?

Take the bolt out and check the gas key and bolts, make sure they are tight and the gas key is in place properly.

First off, thanks for the quick and great replies!!! eldbillbo nailed it on the head. I have replaced the stock and used the new buffer. I just switched back to original buffer, and bingo!!! Thanks everyone. This site is great!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top