JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PSA is out of just about everything 5.56! I am looking for an optic ready 16"-18" complete upper. Going to run a fixed power optic that can be used in day/low light conditions so, not planning any BUIS's. On a tight budget so, looking to go no higher than $400. I am contemplating the below but, not familiar with the company. Any thoughts?

UPDATED: Not looking for anything stainless or in pistol length.

Last Edited:
No experience with the company, but looks like any other basic/generic setup.

Ive taken similar gambles and have been okay.

I say go for it.

upper is probably milspec, the handguard is a cheapo (but ive had no trouble with one very similar)... barrel is probably as good as anything PSA uses in their basic stuff, if not the same... I assume there are only so many places that make barrels and they probably supply various customers...

Price is pretty good for the times.

Found a review for you on the barrel manufacturer. Seems decent, if it's put together well.

I have heard of them but never bought from them that I can recall. It's a budget upper. My suggestion when buying from a budget company is to google the reviews, read the fine print on the warranty and when you get it to follow the warranty rules and take it out right away and shoot the crap out of it and if it works well you are good to go. Budget companies cut corners by not testing and using less quality control, it's cheaper to mass produce and issue returns on the duds. The problem is some guys will buy something sit on it for years never really shooting it much to find hidden problems.

I have heard of them but never bought from them that I can recall. It's a budget upper. My suggestion when buying from a budget company is to google the reviews, read the fine print on the warranty and when you get it to follow the warranty rules and take it out right away and shoot the crap out of it and if it works well you are good to go. Budget companies cut corners by not testing and less quality control, it's cheaper to mass produce and issue returns on the duds.
I agree with all you say. The Tactical Kinetic barrel upper appeals to me as they are completely built in house from solid bar stock. Plus, it has a steel gas block and not aluminum like on some budget uppers. The second one I listed I like the info on it but, don't know much about them either.

My guess too looking at the products they sell are rebranded BCA parts. Hopefully, they have better customer service than BCA. (remember folks customer service starts when there is a problem).

Yeah, I definitely want to stay away from Bear Creek! I've read a lot of bad reviews on them when they first came on to the scene.

I've used these guys before:
If they don't have exactly what you're looking for, check out the "customize it" option to put together what you want.

I've used these guys before:
If they don't have exactly what you're looking for, check out the "customize it" option to put together what you want.

They have a good selection of parts. I have gotten out of spec parts from JSE. First, my brother in law bought a barrel from them that they drilled the gas port for a carbine on a rifle length barrel so he was under gassed. He called them and they admitted fault maybe had a run of them go bad so they instructed him on what size drill bit to use to fix it, fortunately, I have some knowledge int this cause you can screw up a barrel if done wrong. I have gotten barrel nuts that are gritty one did not get all the way and almost damaged the threads on a receiver they sent me a new one it was not as bad but still out of spec. I bought an A1 rear sight assembly from them that was not flat on the backside of the wheel so the screw did not fit it without having the sand it down flat. they are a good example of cutting corners to provide a good price and nothing wrong with that just know what you're getting.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads