Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR front sight tool

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories Wanted' started by jordanka16, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

I figured I'd check if anyone local to me had an extra one before I pay $8 shipping for a $6 tool:nuts:

I need a 4 prong BTW.

2. LCspeedsteel

LCspeedsteel hillsboro Member

hope its not too late... but i use the patch holder from my kleen bore kit (far left package) as a wrench to rotate the post, and something like a pick, or even a nail to hold the detent down. it works great actually, we sighted in 2 ar15s one after the next smooth as butter that way. plus, you will save on shipping, as this should be a fairly common kit to be found. oh, make sure its not a plastic patch holder like the hoppes kits, i dont think they would work. this style is the same as we had in the marines, so you should be able to find one easy...good luck

3. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

I'm able to adjust it no problem ( I use a center punch I ground down to fit the detent pin), I just like having all the accessories for a certain gun.

4. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

tip of a 5.56 ball round works for this as well.

5. ABG/CORVALLISGUNS

ABG/CORVALLISGUNS CORVALLIS,OREGON Member

I have brand new Tapco front sight tools for 9.00 in stock, NWFA members recieve 10% off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.