JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another "out of spec" part are some Anderson lowers in that they accept a 1/4x28x3/4 inch length hex cap bolt instead of a 1/4x28x1 inch length hex cap bolt for fastening the rifle grip. First time was frustrating, and fortunately I did not force it. Went to google and discovered the problem and then went to my local hardware store and obtained a few 3/4 inch bolts.

I've bought quite a few Anderson lowers. A few of their uppers as well. Perfect (tight) match is not "always" to my liking, but they're cheap enough that I'll buy an extra or two just for the occasion. That method has fixed my issues. Eventually all the pairs will mate up, and if not, they get sold.
I just recently bought six of their 80% lowers. The breaking of the ears doesn't really bother me anymore.

I would, Ive had nothing but good communications and solutions with them.;)

Took a while (probably due to the holiday), but they finally got back to me. They kind of pushed back a bit on there being a chance it could be out of spec, so I went through, a second time, and explained everything I tried to isolate the problem. After some pushing back, they finally agreed to send an RMA so I could get it off to them. I'll be sending it out tomorrow. Hopefully they find it's out of spec and just send over a new one.

Took a while (probably due to the holiday), but they finally got back to me. They kind of pushed back a bit on there being a chance it could be out of spec, so I went through, a second time, and explained everything I tried to isolate the problem. After some pushing back, they finally agreed to send an RMA so I could get it off to them. I'll be sending it out tomorrow. Hopefully they find it's out of spec and just send over a new one.

Yep, you just have to get the point across to them that you know what you're talking about. They make 10's of thousands of these parts so there are undoubtedly some that slip through the QC.

Good on ya for at least trying.;)

Yep, you just have to get the point across to them that you know what you're talking about. They make 10's of thousands of these parts so there are undoubtedly some that slip through the QC.

Good on ya for at least trying.;)

Thanks :) It's worth a shot - I can't use it as is, so it's just a paper weight. I'm hoping they'll just send a replacement. Fingers crossed!

Update:

After talking to Anderson in early January, they had gone quiet on me. At least, until yesterday. A brand new lower showed up, with my LPK already installed, as well as a buffer tube, buffer and spring (which I hadn't sent back when I sent the previous lower).

Whether or not they could duplicate the issue I was having, they replaced the lower for me anyway.

So I'm giving 5 stars to Anderson Manufacturing for standing behind their products. It's good to know they're a company you can trust.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top