JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alright folks, I've got a question that I can't seems to get a straight answer for so hoping folks here can help.

I'm looking to try and increase the speed of the bcg, there by reducing the time to battery. I've got plenty of push back just need a faster return speed.

What I can't seem to get an answer about is whether I need a heavier buffer, buffer spring, both buffer & spring, and/or an adjustable gas block or combination of.

Current setup is a standard carbine spring and buffer with standard gas block with a 16" barrel, standard carbine setup, no suppresser. Model is a standard M&P15 in 5.56 NATO.
what weight Hammer and Sear springs do you have that's usually what causes light strikes on any type of ammo using hard primers if the springs are too light.

what weight Hammer and Sear springs do you have that's usually what causes light strikes on any type of ammo using hard primers if the springs are too light.
I have never heard of this request before. With the AR platform, there is a need to balance dwell time and function. The less friction in the cycling system the less gas that is needed to cycle the BCG. Many after market triggers such as the American Gold will have the least amount of needed trigger pressure reset. I have coated the upper BCG channel with Cerakote micro slick and the BCG, while using the JP SCS system and the American Gold trigger. I have an adj gas block set to the ammunition I compete with and the rifle recoils like it is running on ball bearings..The heavier the buffer and BCG weight the more felt recoil will occur but the more reliable it will be to strip rounds from the magazine. I guess I don't understand what your end goal is..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top