JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good morning, kinda new to the ar world. after much frustration with light strike issues with my 7.62x39 build i realized that due to inexperience i had installed the hammer spring 180 degrees out. swapped things around and will test it out today hopefully. upon inspection of my grendel build i found same spring install, but this caused no issue with light strike. had to look at my factory built m&p15 to discover this. any other headsup on rookie mistakes i may make? working on an 80% as we speak and just looking to see if there ia nything else i need to watch out for.

hey dont feel bad, alot of us have mistakenly installed a hammer spring! i suggest anti walk trigger pins on an 80% build especially if you used a drill bit instead of a reamer or end mill for the trigger holes.

plenty of info here too

With 7.62x39 make sure you are also using an enhanced firing pin to help ignite hard russian primers.

Anti-walk pins are a good idea on 80% builds. Also measure twice and cut once.

Detents and springs can and will shoot themselves across the room and into another dimension. Many will install these parts inside a large clear ziploc bag in order to catch anything that flies.

Good morning, kinda new to the ar world. after much frustration with light strike issues with my 7.62x39 build i realized that due to inexperience i had installed the hammer spring 180 degrees out. swapped things around and will test it out today hopefully. upon inspection of my grendel build i found same spring install, but this caused no issue with light strike. had to look at my factory built m&p15 to discover this. any other headsup on rookie mistakes i may make? working on an 80% as we speak and just looking to see if there ia nything else i need to watch out for.
It is a very common mistake.

7wo9kurnz3sz.jpg
How to Install the AR-15 Lower Parts Kit - 80% Lowers

If you haven't put a spring in backward, shot a detent across the room, mushroomed a roll pin, or cussed at least once because you scratched your new receiver, you aren't building AR's.

If you haven't put a spring in backward, shot a detent across the room, mushroomed a roll pin, or cussed at least once because you scratched your new receiver, you aren't building AR's.
Or you've taken an armorer's class or two and learn how to do it right using the proper tools like some of us. I have never done it myself because I make a point to watch out for it, but I have diagnosed it multiple times for others.

Or you've taken an armorer's class or two and learn how to do it right using the proper tools like some of us. I have never done it myself because I make a point to watch out for it, but I have diagnosed it multiple times for others.
What? And miss out on the right of passage? ;)

ive had good luck so far with detent springs, just a little hiccup with the hammer spring. didnt think about taking any classes. being a 35 year mechanic i figured i can handle it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top