JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The prices to build a budget AR these days seems ridiculously cheap. Even brand new complete rifles are from budget name brands are frequently sold for under $400. Does anybody think build components will go even lower before election premiums start to creep in?

Last Edited:
The prices to build a budget AR these days seems ridiculously cheap. Even brand new complete rifles are from budget name brands are frequently sold or under $400. Does anybody think build components will go even lower before election premiums start to creep in?
I think we're in the Golden Age for all things firearms related.
The future looks bleak.
If there's a firearm that you've always wanted, get it now.

I think this is as cheap as we'll see it.
With the election, even if guns arent a topic (which they will be after those shootings) it may spur panic. Prices will certainly go up. Everything that is dirt cheap will sell out.

This really is the time to buy cheap for anyone considering getting a lower or parts kit. Same goes for mags.

I believe that regardless of the 2020 election outcome there will be new and restrictive (arguably contrary to the 2A) laws and statutes that will be put in place. There are just too many voters that want it and politicians will do what they have to to remain in office or get re-elected. Obviously I feel this effect will be somewhat lessened if Republicans are in control. I was honestly amazed that after Sandy Hook more gun restriction wasn't done. It seemed like the most opportune time. I feel the window is coming to a end and buying, hoarding and storing away is a very prudent thing to be doing right now. I feel that sometime in the near future there will be ammo restrictions as well and for handloaders, primer control. For those of us having a stash in place now we are probably good, but your children and their children will never know the "good times" as we've had them.

I don't care for AR's, I just never have. But I just built a 5.56 AR pistol for my fiance and bought a complete upper and lower for $320. bucks at about the same time. For that price, it's a spare bullet thrower in the safe.

We may have hit a low price/supply point or close to it. I don't really need to buy anything more as far as guns & ammo. I've been prepping for decades and am in pretty good shape but Mr. Murphy is always nearby.
Never say never.

If a red wave happens in Nov. I see AR part prices getting really cheap again. Prices may be pushed even lower if the economy takes a dump on us.

Lots of millionaires have been made during this pandemic but I don't think many of them are spending their new found wealth on AR builds.

AR pistol parts will be especially cheap if Feds go through with restrictions.

Save up your coins.

But what if the blue team wins? Holy poo-nado Batman, BCGs will cost $500 and 9mm will be $7/rd :rolleyes:
If the antis hang on (doubtful), I suspect prices will stabilize close to where they are now but maybe go a little lower if economy tanks. The market is saturated with AR parts again. It's looking like a repeat of 2017-19 era to me. Ammo still has a long ways to go to return to Trump era pricing.

If the antis hang on (doubtful), I suspect prices will stabilize close to where they are now but maybe go a little lower if economy tanks. The market is saturated with AR parts again. It's looking like a repeat of 2017-19 era to me. Ammo still has a long ways to go to return to Trump era pricing.
Millions of new gun owners. Let's welcome them to our ranks! Opposition to the radical left is at an all-time high! Educate and encourage all new gun owners to join any and all pro 2A groups of their choice. We all have to be activists for our cause. That's how we will defeat the opposition.

If a red wave happens in Nov. I see AR part prices getting really cheap again. Prices may be pushed even lower if the economy takes a dump on us.

Lots of millionaires have been made during this pandemic but I don't think many of them are spending their new found wealth on AR builds.

AR pistol parts will be especially cheap if Feds go through with restrictions.

Save up your coins.
There are over 750 BILLIONAIRES in the USA alone, guess what they're spending THEY'RE money on?

Hint: lacky-politicians and melding mega-corps with governments.

61E5758B-B118-4CE6-BA8A-762403423D9C.jpeg

Ammo prices over the last 15 years or so

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews