JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mega makes some really good stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a billet mega set if I was looking for a billet machined set and not forged. Their standard forged sets are very high quality also.

wg

Mega is great, I got 2 of em. I dont know if you are aware of this or not but the Billet Upper/Lower set comes with the GTR-3H lower which will only accept their Billet upper. So if you want to have multiple uppers or other caliber uppers you will have to build them with a Mega billet upper. If you use the Mega GTR-3S Billet lower then it will accept any standard forged of billet upper.

When I built one with a billet lower I went with the GTR-3S as I already had a RRA Varmint upper for it.

DSC03665.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Mega for my first AR build. NEVER AGAIN! The holes were so far out of alignment that the trigger pin had to be beat into place and once in place were far enough out of alignment that it made a great single shot...
I've since built on several other lowers, including DPMS, Rock River, and other major manufacturers, as well as a few boutique (local start-ups) lowers. All others have worked well.

I bought a Mega for my first AR build. NEVER AGAIN! The holes were so far out of alignment that the trigger pin had to be beat into place and once in place were far enough out of alignment that it made a great single shot...
I've since built on several other lowers, including DPMS, Rock River, and other major manufacturers, as well as a few boutique (local start-ups) lowers. All others have worked well.

Never had any problems with a Mega lower....did you contact Mega when you ran into the problem? I am sure they would have made it right.

mega had one bad batch like 3 or 4 years ago, and they replaced all the ones that came back to 'em.

they make really good bubblegum- i've used mega uppers and lowers for a bunch of builds, personal and customer... i've personally never had a problem. i currently have two different ones on personal guns- a gator and a tactical rifles (a run they made for tactical rifles a while ago). both are hard use guns, one's been my daily carry gun for about 2 years, and there's still not a lick of wear in their teflon anodize finish. only part of the gun that shows zero wear.

This was probably five or six years ago. I sold the receiver to someone who wanted to practice their TIG welding. I'll stick the RRA or DPMS for my lowers. Just my preferences...

Well I took the first step in my AR-15 Mega build.... Very pleased at the billet set.
Can I gets some suggestions on Lower Parts Kits. I have been looking at a 2 stage kit from Rock River. Also looking at DPMS and Daniel Defence kits.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

P4170091.jpg

:s0155:

Well I took the first step in my AR-15 Mega build.... Very pleased at the billet set.
Can I gets some suggestions on Lower Parts Kits. I have been looking at a 2 stage kit from Rock River. Also looking at DPMS and Daniel Defence kits.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

P4170091.jpg

:s0155:

What did that set you back? Been thinking about building up an AR again..

I have two Mega receivers, one rifle and one pistol marked.

I haven't built them yet, but based on their reputation and the quality of their work, I won't hesitate to use them at all.

ETA: Of the makers you mentioned for LPK, use Daniel Defense. Top notch.

If you want a better trigger later, check out Geissele. I have two and will be buying more.

order up a Bravo Co charging handle...they are leaps & bounds above a std one. If you're putting a scope on, get the bigger handle, if not, the medium handle is the bees knees IMO

The set was $409 at Rainier Arms. Great staff, answered all my questions and made some suggestions.
I'm putting an Aimpoint on it, no scope.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Well took the second step in AR Mega build....
Did some looking into LPK's and found great reviews on Daniel Defence LPK...
I decided to go with them... here are some pics and my lower is complete. :cool:
Only thing I found is that my Magpul B.A.D. lever doesn't fit??? Any suggestions on that and also starting to look at barrels and BCG's
Thxs
[/IMG]
P5080101.jpg

bad levers are going out of style as quickly as they came. they tend to break bolt catches and cause mid-magazine bolt stoppages.. i'd ditch it.

excellent choice of LPK, btw.. good job doing your research. LPKs are NOT created equal.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top