JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen some fugly Frankenstein crap builds in my day, and while they may not be pretty or reliable...at least they did't run the risk of blowing off appendages if you try shooting them.
This is the second example of this I've seen for sale. The first came across my table at a gun show last year and even after I explained the danger, offered to trade parts, and install them with no cost to him...he refused. I really hope whoever ended up with it still has both hands and a face.

I just ran across this in an ad on my least favorite gun site...

Please look closely and see if you can spot why this is an epic build fail, and maybe not everyone should be building ARs
4DFD2030-7408-49D0-B475-ACFE4C8C209A.png

Anybody else have one to share? Maybe we can raise awareness and save lives here;)

Last Edited:
because the handguard goes over the birdcage, right where your hand would be if you you grab it that insanely far forward?
First glance it looks spotty at best, but once you really notice you know you're not coming away from shooting that unscathed...
Yup...

Luckily they forgot to attach a lower.

because the handguard goes over the birdcage, right where your hand would be if you you grab it that insanely far forward?
Exactly...
like wrapping your hand around a revolver..
Only worse... there is also the potential of the gas from the side of the birdcage granading the the handguard... especially given the suspect quality of the aluminum used in those cheap import Handguards.

This one is not as bad as the one I saw at the gun show...
His was set back to where the end of the bird cage was flush.
I tried to trade him for a cheap blast can so it would be safe... I was offering him an upgrade that would have cost me $15 or so, and he still refused! B96634CD-9106-4C91-857C-5C4D64417A2F.jpeg

Last Edited:
The epic fail is breaking off the trigger guard ear and having to resort to the Grip of Shame to cover up the fail.

There is also a How-To video on the web showing a guy mashing the Bolt Catch Roll Pin and passing it off as OK.

Wish I had time to round up pics and links.

One of my biggest pet peeve build fails is the low pro block with drop ins..
Not only does it look ridiculous, set screw blocks are not going to last long holding on a set of Handguards... not what they were designed to do.
if the guy was cheap enough to take this shortcut... I would guess he didn't bother dimpling the barrel or even using loctite... :s0002:

750E7799-076F-48CE-AE52-CC57F2112BAB.jpeg
Who needs a front sight anyway:s0155:

I've seen some fugly Frankenstein crap builds in my day, and while they may not be pretty or reliable...at least they did't run the risk of blowing off appendages if you try shooting them.
This is the second example of this I've seen for sale. The first came across my table at a gun show last year and even after I explained the danger, offered to trade parts, and install them with no cost to him...he refused. I really hope whoever ended up with it still has both hands and a face.

I just ran across this in an ad on my least favorite gun site...

Please look closely and see if you can spot why this is an epic build fail, and maybe not everyone should be building ARs
View attachment 618173

Anybody else have one to share? Maybe we can raise awareness and save lives here;)

Dude musta had orangutan arms...:eek:

The epic fail is breaking off the trigger guard ear and having to resort to the Grip of Shame to cover up the fail.

There is also a How-To video on the web showing a guy mashing the Bolt Catch Roll Pin and passing it off as OK.

Wish I had time to round up pics and links.

'Tis why Caveman relies on only billet lowers, did that once so decided "Never Again"..:s0002:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top