Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ar buffer

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by husker, Feb 15, 2010.

1. husker

husker portland Active Member

I am sure someone smarter than me has thought of this before.
    You have the buffer and spring for an ar15 and when you fire it makes like that rattle sound of the spring. I know there are diffrent systems out now to get away from this.
    Why cant a person take a buffer and thread it on to the end of a gas or air shock? It may take some time to find one to work or you may need to have one made to fit in the buffer tube.I know you can get atv shocks made to cetain lengths andcan also get them aired or gased up to the psi you want.
    I guess you would just need to knowhow much psi you need to rebound the bolt.
    Do you thinkthis would work? Is it worth the trouble? Has anyone else thought of this? Am Ia dumbass for even thinking about it?:bluelaugh::laugh::paranoid::huh:

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

3. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

The sound the tube makes tells you when your mag is empty.:thumbup:

4. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Or you could switch to Tubbs Flat Wire buffer springs, they take away just about all of the sprong.

5. husker

husker portland Active Member

That is what I was thinking of. To bo honest that is cheaper than I thought
    it would be.

Thank you

6. m469699

m469699 Beaverton Member

7. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Yes, I do have one in. It works well. I don't have an auto gun, so it doesn't lower my cyclic rate, which is one thing its supposed to do. But it does soften the felt recoil as I use it in conjunction with a PWS flash hider/compensator. It also removed almost all of the annoying sproing the occurs through ever shot with a standard spring and buffer.