Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

AR Buffer tube and stock options.

Reactions
I likey VLTOR

another option.....those CAA clamp on cheek peices for the M4 stocks...I could hardly tell the difference between my VLTOR and one of those.

OP
sweetbeard
Reactions
Interesting selection.... I will have to google those. keep em coming.

Looking for something that won't put me in the poor house and is lightweight.

Reactions
Im just going to go with the standard A2 stock due to the fact im building a varmint rifle and want it to feel more like a rifle. All im putting on it is scope and bi-pod, i have my mini 14's as my tactical's/ rabbit guns. I should have my ar-15 built in the next couple weeks. i cant decide between a 24 inch barrel with 1-8 twist or a 20 inch barrel with 1-9 twist. Any help would be great guys:) oh and im going with a low rider DPMS upper or whats any advantages to the hi rails i will be shooting prown or laying down most of the time.:s0155::s0155::s0155:

Reactions
Im just going to go with the standard A2 stock due to the fact im building a varmint rifle and want it to feel more like a rifle. All im putting on it is scope and bi-pod, i have my mini 14's as my tactical's/ rabbit guns. I should have my ar-15 built in the next couple weeks. i cant decide between a 24 inch barrel with 1-8 twist or a 20 inch barrel with 1-9 twist. Any help would be great guys:) oh and im going with a low rider DPMS upper or whats any advantages to the hi rails i will be shooting prown or laying down most of the time.:s0155::s0155::s0155:
Nice lower you got there.... :s0155: Looks familliar...LOL.

Glad you like it,

I would chime in by saying go with a 24 inch barrel if you are gonna bipod it, the only thing is that really is a large upper.

It is up to you though.

Whatever you do, I am sure it will be great and will gladly help you along the way.

Cid

Reactions
Depends on the role.

For a varmint/target rifle, I prefer a full stock. I usually go with an A2. However, smaller people may like an A1 better.

I recently swapped out the VLTOR, and MagPul M93Bs for the MagPul MOE (cheaper CTR).

Unless you want to spend money, don't bother with the MagPul PRS. It's very heavy and the cheekpiece is useless on an AR.

Or...that basic M4 stock has worked well.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online