JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
how does the charge handle look?

0B4FF9AC-0EC2-413B-BACE-BA7A5B7DF775.jpeg 7CDBAC25-8EE2-419C-BE76-FDFC2F4A5C3A.jpeg

Recommdations for my new BCG? I have a nirtride one from Spikes Tactical and I also have nitride BCM one too. I do have a Spikes Tactical rifle that I bought a few years now so I could use my Nickel Boron BCG in that rifle.

I have 18" chrome barreled upper that bought from Palmetto State Armory and bought a Nickel Boron BCG for that upper. I fired a little over 200 rounds with that upper with no issues at all.

With regard to my Spikes Tactical Nickel Boron BCG, shall I remove to rubber o-ring from the extractor? My BCM rifle does not have the o-ring on the extractor.

Make sure it was an issue with the bolt by trying one of your other bolts in the affected upper to make sure it will easily cycle.
Then try the suspect bolt in another upper to see if it doesn't...
Just be careful not to jam it in there and get it stuck.

Which ever BCG you pick, I highly recommend taking it to a Smith and having the headspace checked with go/no go gauges.

Last Edited:
Thank you for all of the input people gave me. Strange that Nickel Boron BCG was undamaged. I put the BCM nitride one in instead. Also the BCM GFM MOD 3B was not working since charging handle way not letting the BCG go all the way forward. I am using the spare charging handle that I bought from Brownells instead.

61DEBB68-CDF5-41A5-99AB-AA2F37F270AC.jpeg

Does this have an adjustable gas block? I had the same issues with a Palmetto upper with factory ammo not extracting and having to use a rubber mallet on the charge handle to open the bolt. Turned out to be way over gassed. I tuned the gas block down to barely lock back and all is good.

Does this have an adjustable gas block? I had the same issues with a Palmetto upper with factory ammo not extracting and having to use a rubber mallet on the charge handle to open the bolt. Turned out to be way over gassed. I tuned the gas block down to barely lock back and all is good.

No it is a BCM low profile .750 gas block.

Seriously don't hit your charging handle with crap ....it's like the weakest most important part you know .
Maybe I should have qualified what I meant by hitting my charging handle. I used a rubber mallet for setting tile and tapped on the handle a few times. With that said, I rather destroy a cheap charging handle than destroy any other part of my rifle. I realize this mortarizing is acceptable to some people, but we're not soldiers out in the field without tools. Smacking your butt stock against the ground put undue stress on the butt stock, buffer tube, and receiver. Don't motarize your rifle unless you absolutely have to

Last Edited:
Mortaring an Ar should not hurt it one bit. The weak link will be the brass. If the cartridge doesn't extract it will just tear a chunk of brass off the case head. Julia Steel on the other hand, looks like she could hurt you. :eek: As always ymmv.

Last Edited:
I took my repaired AR to the gun range today and fired 125 rounds through it. With my 3.5lb CMC Trigger it shoots very nice.

Thank you NWFA posters for your helpful comments.

My upper contains the following items:

Aero Upper Receiver
Spikes Tactical chromed lined mid-length barrel
BCM low profile .750 gas block
Steel barrel nut
Troy FDE M-LOK rail
Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake
Troy FDE front and rear flip up sights
BCM Nitride BCG
Magpul FDE M-LOK AFG
Magpul M-LOK light mount

Upcoming Events