JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you post some clear pics of the primer area...something looks suspect, but the pic isn't clear.

Ya see the same thing...it definitely looks like there might be some serious over pressure, but not a very clear pic.

OP...Can you post PICs of the other 5 cases also?
Clear shots of the primers, and if there is any damage to the rims from extraction.

Similar thing happened to me. Found out it was the o-ring in the extractor was too stiff. I'm sure it would've worked itself out but I was impatient.

Ya see the same thing...it definitely looks like there might be some serious over pressure, but not a very clear pic.

Clear shots of the primers, and if there is any damage to the rims from extraction.

Only have last case the rest fell on the floor. I took two rifles and this was the second one I shot.

There is something wedged between your bolt carrier and upper receiver or in the cam pin track. Is that BCG Nickle Boron?
I was curious of this as well..
I recently bought a "new" carrier from a gun show and weeks later went to put it into an upper, and it wouldn't slide all the way in correctly. Upon closer inspection the gas key was obviously staked(kinda) by somebody with a center punch... not at the toolcraft factory.
I suspect whomever attempted to stake it didnt get it aligned properly, and/or the key itself is bent or otherwise out of spec.
EF2FBA5E-4BD1-4505-AE6B-6F9BE2E9A95D.jpeg 97796C84-B56E-47D5-B983-E85CCF7CE3B0.jpeg

Last Edited:
Off the top of my head...I can only think of two that don't use the o-rings...Sionics and SOLGW...and Colt if you can find them.

BCM provides them with their BCG/Bolts but they are not installed, likewise they are provide in the extractor spring upgrade kits and SOPMOD Bolt Upgrade/Rebuild Kit but state:

The BCM Extractor Spring is so strong the Mil-Spec Crane O-Ring will probably not be needed, but it is included.
BCM Extractor Spring Uprade Kit

And speaking of SOLGW...

Sons of Liberty Gun Works Spring Cleaning Upper Sale

I've got an 18" on the way. At that price it wasn't worth it to build myself. :D

My Sil recently built an AR-10 which came with a nickel boron bolt carrier group ( manufacturer unknown) he had a failure to extract also.
Upon our inspection, it wound up being that there were two O-rings and the extractor, my thought to him was WTF, they use O-rings now?:eek::eek::eek:

718B66FB-10EB-4F0D-873F-E30EF2CC4C51.jpeg

Here is a better picture of my shell case.

I managed to get my upper and lower receiver apart. I took a buffer put on my BCG the and drove my BCG down so I was able open my rifle up. My BCG is jammed in hard now and my rubber mallet will not let me drive my BCG out now. But I saved my lower receiver at least.

If you drove the bcg all the way in then the lugs are locked to the barrel extension so you you can't drive it out from the bore.

You'll have to try a wooden dowl or something on the carrier.
I suspect it's something to do with the gas key.

I put a lot of painters tape on a large screw driver and used my rubber mallet to gently knock the nickel Boron BCG loose. Looks undamaged to me. Other than a rubber o-ring on the extractor.
My upper receiver is an Aero.

5231D785-BEB5-4DC9-A871-B8D47DD3C54C.jpeg 8D8E1103-F698-457E-9B0F-6C427A023EBE.jpeg C32A40A8-BF2C-42A4-8C0B-E5027CE80258.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top