JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took my home built AR to the range today and shot 6 rounds. The 6th round failed to extract and the BCG was jammed forward and I could not pull the charging handle back. I knew there was no live round to I took my rifle home. I took off the stock, spring, and tube and put a cleaning rod in and used a rubber mallet and gave a gentle whack and the BCG is free and the case ejected.

I need to take gas tube off and take off the barrel nut since the BCG is stuck in my upper and my BCG is jammed. I cleaned the barrel with solvent and used the bore brush too but I still see some preservative in my feed ramps when I took it apart today. I used EWL weapons lube my lubrication and use CLP for cleaning my barrel and BCG.

I also took my my hand guard off and barrel wasn't damaged from what I could see.

D3795820-73F9-4D77-976F-9CF12183D202.jpeg
1DF49EC7-6F40-4332-997A-8A21896D7F3D.jpeg
F1CC5D6A-CFC0-4427-9EE1-3C087FC2F27D.jpeg

The extractor pin breaking will/can cause a jam like this?

You bet! The extractor and failed pin will cause a mess inside the upper. Broken bits along with a now disengaged extractor will most certainly jam up the works. Again, I've been exactly here.

:)

You bet! The extractor and failed pin will cause a mess inside the upper. Broken bits along with a now disengaged extractor will most certainly jam up the works. Again, I've been exactly here.

:)

So how to I get BCG out since my upper and lower are jammed together. The pins slide out but I cannot separate the upper and lower receiver.

Thank you

So how to I get BCG out since my upper and lower are jammed together. The pins slide out but I cannot separate the upper and lower receiver.

Thank you
Is your BCG in the forward position? If it is im not sure how you cant break the rifle down.

Are you able to push the BCG forward further into the chamber, because from the previous photo, or is the BCG failure making that not possible? If you are able to pull both take down pins pins, and have removed he buffer tube, it appears that literally nothing is stopping you from disconnecting the upper from the lower except possibly the safety mechanism, from the photo, even with the BCG not fully in the chamber it looks like you could just pull the upper forward and it would come off. What's stopping the upper from moving at a 15 degree angle off the lower?

Are you able to push the BCG forward further into the chamber, because from the previous photo, or is the BCG failure making that not possible? If you are able to pull both take down pins pins, and have removed he buffer tube, it appears that literally nothing is stopping you from disconnecting the upper from the lower except possibly the safety mechanism, from the photo, even with the BCG not fully in the chamber it looks like you could just pull the upper forward and it would come off. What's stopping the upper from moving at a 15 degree angle off the lower?

No unless I can take round wooden rod and use a rubber mallet to push the BCG forward. Is the steel barrel hard enough to do this even? I am willing to sacrifice my upper receiver and I just don't want to damage my lower receiver.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top