JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My local gunsmith wants over 200 to thread a ban era bushmaster AR. He's pretty backed up as well. Any machinists or smiths want to give a brother in arms a quote? I think it's a 16.25 in barrel with the rifle length gas system/a2 front post sight. Thanks!!

CCDD08D4-E94B-45DE-AD94-57A2A5BDDA5E.jpeg

If you have the tools and experience to do it, disassembly it and provide a stripped barrel. Typical barrel threading (stripped) usually runs about $60 - $75 these days. If it's a A1 or pencil profile (0.625 gas journal), most wont touch it without adding a tapered shoulder (+ ~$40). There are a couple of specialty places you can send it to, but you'll have to add shipping. If you're getting prices, make sure to mention that it's a true dissipator.

My local gunsmith wants over 200 to thread a ban era bushmaster AR. He's pretty backed up as well. Any machinists or smiths want to give a brother in arms a quote? I think it's a 16.25 in barrel with the rifle length gas system/a2 front post sight. Thanks!!

View attachment 876579
$200 is about right considering tear down and reassembly time.
For sending it out I would trust ADCO or Rainier Arms to do the work.

Another way to go is a new barrel.
I think the Dissipator uses rifle-length gas system.
You could get a 20" FSB barrel from Ballistic Advantage that would match up to your handguard and look like it grew there.
You would also eliminate any short dwell time issues if you had them with the Dissipator configuration.

Last Edited:
OP can you take a picture from the muzzle perspective? Looking at that picture, it almost looks like it is a capped threaded muzzle?

Edit, never mind it is a heavy barrel dissapater model. Mid length gas, pinned rifle sight block. Not threaded.

View attachment 876579

My guess is that while the FSB is in the rifle length position, if you remove the handguard there will be a low profile gas block in the 7" carbine postion, which would be known as the XM-15E2s Dissipator.

I would also suggest Tim Copeland.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads