JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title says... I'm getting the parts together to install Hogue over-molded floating forend on my AR build... The diagram for the AR shows a Barrel Retaining Ring (Snap Ring), as well as the Weld Spring and Delta Ring....

I know I don't need the weld spring and delta ring... and I'm assuming I don't need the Snap ring either, but I wanted to check with the experts to know for sure. I'll need to get one ordered if I need it.

Anyone???

Thanks!

What do the instructions for your handguard say?? You realize with probably 100+ different rails/handguards on the market they will all vary in installation.

What do the instructions for your handguard say?? You realize with probably 100+ different rails/handguards on the market they will all vary in installation.

I realize that... I don't have the handguard on my workbench yet... it's on order (backorder, actually), so I'm not sure what the instructions say. I thought I'd take a chance and ask in case someone might know...

Let me google that for you

Oh first result is
Hogue Hand Guard installation - AR15.Com Archive
"It's fairly easy to install....

1. Remove the stock handguard and muzzle device at the forward end of the barrel.
2. Remove Front Site Base (FSB) and gas tube by driving out the FSB taper pins from the left toward the right (as viewed from the rear looking forward). You can leave the gas tube attached to the FSB if you want. The assembly can be slided forward off the muzzle end of the barrel.
3. Using a proper barrel nut wrench, unscrew the stock barrel nut / delta ring assembly off the receiver and slide off the barrel.
4. Apply a very small amout of molydenum-based grease on the female threads of the Hogue barrel nut and screw it on the upper receiver hand tight.
5. Using either an extended pin barrel nut wrench or a strap wrench, tighten the Hogue barrel nut until the first available gas tube hole perfectly aligns with the gas tube hole through the receiver. Do not exceed 80 lb/ft of torque if you have a torque wrench. If not, don't worry about it.
6. Screw on the Hogue tube onto it's mating barrel nut. Hand tight is just fine.
7. Slide the FSB / gas tube assembly back into place. Leave the original sheetmetal forward handguard cap off. It's no longer necessary.
8. Drive the FSB taper pins snugly back into place. Insert right to left, with the small diameter end of the pin into the hole first.
9. Reinstall the muzzle device and you are done."

Thanks... This is my first AR upper build, so I'm not fully up to speed on how it all goes together, outside of a completely stock build. I thought that the snap ring was part of the Delta Ring assembly, but wasn't completely sure. Looks like I don't need this part.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads