JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can we say "Fire Breathing Dragons" :D

We recently went out and tested our new AK pistols.......Don't forget the marshmallows! MVI_2417_0001.jpg I have to say it was easier to keep the AR pistol on target but it had a sling attached. AK pistol is a good truck gun for the money.:s0155:

MVI_2417_0001.jpg

I have had both and have to say that they are both bad ***, you get a little more bang for your buck with the AK, personally they are really just for fun your not going to be looking at true accuracy. I think it is a little easier to accessorize your AR than your AK. In the end its your call, shoot both and see what you think.

built an AR pistol with my buddy last week, I'm building my self an AK pistol this week...

I have an extra AR lower if I don't like the AK...

We built the AR pistol for $539

$90 for spikes tactical lower
$10 for transfer from ffl
$439 for 8.5" pistol kit
$539 total

my AK cost
$139 for the kit
$195 for other parts (grip, flat, FCG, springs, etc.)
$334 total for parts only
+$65 for home built flat bending jig and other building materials
so $399 total for the AK

I like the AR recoil tube to rest your cheak on, but my AK is WAY shorter! And less finicky

I am in the process of an AR Pistol Build... Ordered everything and now the wait begins. My lower will be here Monday!!!

Anyways, I wanna know how to build an AK Pistol for $399, or an AK for that matter. I have heard of AK build "parties", but no one around me is into AK's.

If someone wants to hit me up with the info on a $399 ak pistol build, I would be a proud new AK owner!!! Thanks gentlemen:s0155::gun09:

I've been looking at the Draco for a while. They have a few at the store in town for about 350. Might have to go take another look after seeing the picture posted by Bark.

Does anyone know if the barrel nut on the draco is removeable to allow for a muzzle brake?

I've been thinking about buying a draco pistol, and then after i get bored with it. I'll get a tax stamp and turn it into an sbr. I can get one with shipping and ffl for $365 from centerfire systems. Then $200 for the tax stamp and then new rear trunnion and stock around $100. For a total of around $665. Pretty cheap for an sbr assault rifle.

I picked one up yesterday from Brian (tonsoforegonbrass). My original plan was to do an SBR with it. After some thought and shooting it yesterday I may just leave it as a pistol and modify it with a swivel on the rear plate. Maybe I will change out the front hand guard for one with a lip or something.

First thing I did was grind the muzzle cap weld a little and hold the detent while popping it with a wrench. Easy enough. I then installed a Smith Enterprise threaded AK break. I temporarily installed a single point sling to the front ring to test the stability while firing it. This was only for initial testing. I don't recommend this configuration! The gun is dangerous if you let go of it because the muzzle will face straight up! I fired four 30 rd mags through it yesterday. No malfunctions. No trigger slap. Trigger is actually a Tapco and felt really good. So good that the gun can almost go full auto/bump fire speed if I get on it. Break worked great on the gun for controlling muzzle jump. The gun feels like it pushes down and back more than up and back. I had the sling around my neck to stabilize while extending it out. Sights lines up good enough to hit a target of 12" at 50 yards shooting offhand. I was left but on target. I think I need to punch the front sight a little. With the rear sight all the way down the gun shot dead on level. Up close while extending out in line with my eyes I could literally destroy a target with rapid fire. Very easy and fun!

The AK pistol is fun, thunderous, and breathes major fire! I like it! It's cheap and it works!

Glad you like it... Too bad it was my last one, and the distributor doesnt know when more are coming in.:(

I have built two AK pistols. One with an 11" barrel and one with a 9" barrel. I like the shorty better. Just a little more fire. I love them both. I do want to build an AR pitol. I have bought an 80% receiver that has to be finished. That leads me to a question. If you build an AR pistol from your own manufactered receiver, must it be marked" pistol only". Or does it matter? I have an original SP-1. So with the rifle in the safe does the pistol have to be marked for legal reasons?

I have an ak pistol and love it but I need to put a sling point on the back of the pistol because it only has the 1 by the front hand guard. for the guys that have ak pistols with slings please post pictures so I can go to a gunsmith and describe what I want done please help me out. thank you for your time and info/help