JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a 36 yard zero. I don't have a chart to show since I am on my phone. There is also a 10 yard zero you can find on YouTube. Probably one of the easiest to get on paper.
I understand. Anyone can zero at any distance they want. O.P. seems to be struggling through this, so I supplied a few pictures as reference material. If you bore sight zero at 200 you will be on paper at any distance under 200. Just no way around it. No tape on the wall, no measuring, nothing to screw up. And it's free.

I personally zero everything at 200 (Aside from 22lr and pistol caliber rifles). If I ever get into some serious long range shooting I'm sure I would change my zero distance in that instance, but for pretty much all rifles 200 yards makes the most sense to me.

I understand. Anyone can zero at any distance they want. O.P. seems to be struggling through this, so I supplied a few pictures as reference material. If you bore sight zero at 200 you will be on paper at any distance under 200. Just no way around it. No tape on the wall, no measuring, nothing to screw up. And it's free.

I personally zero everything at 200 (Aside from 22lr and pistol caliber rifles). If I ever get into some serious long range shooting I'm sure I would change my zero distance in that instance, but for pretty much all rifles 200 yards makes the most sense to me.
AR15 200 Yard ZERO at 10 Yards - YouTube

Just one example of the 10 yard zero. It's based on a target you can find and print from the net.

Just for fun, I'm going to do a MOA deviation. Using OPs first post parameters of 8" to 10" low at 10ft. I'm going to use 9" low at 10ft and spitball the optic at 3" over bore. Certaindeaf mentioned 5", but I think that may be high. Any opinion on the optic height?

Edit to answer: mental calc is 180 MOA or 3 degrees?

I know most on here know this, but for the sake of saving somebody new to this the trouble down the road, remember this; Sighting in at the complimentary close range whether it is 10,25,35,50 yds. is fine, but remember to actually confirm zero at the longer complimentary range to your short zero. If it is off a bit at longer zero adjust to it to be as close as possible. Any poi shift this may cause at the shorter distance will be quite tolerable. Now back to the topic at hand :D.

When you said you ran out of adjustment and were low at very close range, I can only think you are at the opposite side of the adjustment range. IE you probably needed to adjust in the other direction and kept going lower and lower instead of up.
I'm thinking that may have been what happened. Without the 'structions, l was assumed that UP was in reference to the poi as with an A2 FSP. Seems l was 180° off.

Good remedial lessons on BSZ and zeroing at/for different distances. I started out thinking it was gonna be a few simple clicks to get poa/poi at 25 yds... plenty good enough for the cans, bottles, and other targets of opportunity that present themselves during that kind of outing.
Turned out to be more than l bargained for for that day... when I go back out to fix it I'll have less distractions and more time to focus, follow the steps, and get it right.

You can go either way. Even a 20" can have a carbine buffer.
The buffer depends on the buffer tube and stock, not on the barrel length.
Yep. Carbine length gas system and reciever extension w an H buffer from BCM.
The heavy buffer was an experiment that worked out well so l left it in... my 18" middy didn't like it so much.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top