JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just finished this one up this afternoon.
20170803_184948.jpg 20170803_185229.jpg 20170803_185122.jpg 20170803_185328.jpg
Had two FtFs on first mag, been perfect for the last 150rns of 115 ball. Total for build was right at $1,100.00 Target was after sight in @25yrds. That was the last 10 shot group.

I have a few questions regarding ar9 build. I'm building one and I am completely new to the 9mm variant. I've built many AR's in multiple calibers but this 9mm isn't my Forte. It's a blowback setup amd so far I have an Odinworks stripper upper receiver, odinworks 10.5" barrel and Spikes Tactical spider stripped lower. Other than hand guard and lower parts kit what will I need to buy? I want to run a fostech binary trigger as well. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a few questions regarding ar9 build. I'm building one and I am completely new to the 9mm variant. I've built many AR's in multiple calibers but this 9mm isn't my Forte. It's a blowback setup amd so far I have an Odinworks stripper upper receiver, odinworks 10.5" barrel and Spikes Tactical spider stripped lower. Other than hand guard and lower parts kit what will I need to buy? I want to run a fostech binary trigger as well. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
AR9's can be picky about triggers. See my saga here: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/wtf-happened-here-pew-go-boom.396062/

Also in that saga is a bit about buffer and spring weights for the blowback system.

So which buffer setup worked with the trigger tech trigger?
It's mostly about reciprocal mass. Get a scale and measure your BCG. If I recall my BCG + a 10oz buffer is 23.9oz. That plus a Sprinco Orange and it cycles well and shoots soft.

I am looking to get a law folder as that'll add a few more ounces to the mass, getting me up near 26oz…at which point I think I'll get failure to eject/feed and can really start tuning things. It's a competition gun so I'm interested in absolute minimum dwell time.

If your BCG weighs more than mine, then cut weight off the buffer. Anything around 22-24oz (from what I've seen) is ideal.

Spring tension seems to not be too big a concern. You want the thing to strip rounds with ease and not bounce the bolt when coming home. I've tested everything in the Sprinco lineup and found no difference in performance. Orange was the last one I tested, it worked, so it stayed in the gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top