JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Flip that....

☝️ Bear Creek is typically very "budget brand". Take that meaning how you will. ;)
Ah, yes, I found the reference, I missed it. So, BCA states on their website that their 7.63x39 uppers are now all being made with 300BO ramps instead of m4's. FastSmitty, if your barrel is relatively new it should 300BO ramps, not m4:
If not 300BO, you might be able to talk them into exchanging it for one w/ 300BO ramps because my understanding was they had problems with the m4 ramps.
Also, as someone else mentioned, very short distance from the gas port to the end of the barrel. Not a whole lotta dwell time. Maybe ask for pistol length?

Do the feed ramps look like the one on the left or right?
1665901813107.png

The m4 ramps would cause more of a jamming issue, not a ftf. Even tho you're not having an issue YET, once you get your undergassing issue solved, the faster bcg might start jamming the ammo on those m4 ramps. Before you start drilling a larger gas port in your barrel, call BCA and tell them you have TWO issues going on, undergassing, and old style feed ramps. That might get you enough leverage to get them to exchange the upper for one with a pistol length gas system with the updated 300BO feed ramps, no matter how long ago you bought it.
You'll definitely get more gas from a pistol length, so you might have to increase the weight of the buffer to get the timing right.

The m4 ramps would cause more of a jamming issue, not a ftf. Even tho you're not having an issue YET, once you get your undergassing issue solved, the faster bcg might start jamming the ammo on those m4 ramps.
Just to say that M4 ramps don't necessarily mean that you will have feeding issues. Or... if you do, that it isn't fairly easily correctable. Also to consider that running with 300BO ramps on a 7.62 also comes with it's own risk of potential feeding issues that aren't easily correctable. Removing material is a far cry easier than trying to add it. :s0155:

Seeing that it's not a new purchase, the odds aren't exactly in favor of BC doing a full on swap. M4 vs 300BO ramps isn't a MFG error so likely wouldn't prompt them to act.

I don't think it was suggested to drill the barrel port, but that would certainly be a last resort option, and only if it's actually undersized. .088 being the absolute minimum but I certainly wouldn't go over .093... or maybe .095 if I was absoluteely desperate and I was 100% confident all other options had been exhausted. It can't, reasonably, be undone if you find out you bubblegummed it.

Just keeping it in perspective.

I would bet on gas block misalignment all things considered. It is definitely short stroking. 10.5" is a bit short for carbine gas in 7.62x39 but I am sure bca drills an oversized gas port to make it work with full power ammo.

I would bet on gas block misalignment all things considered. It is definitely short stroking. 10.5" is a bit short for carbine gas in 7.62x39 but I am sure bca drills an oversized gas port to make it work with full power ammo.
Yeah... definately something out of sorts, but that setup is incredibly common and run just fine. If it's not the gas system it could possibly be a carrier issue as well. The receiver cam channel binding, the carrier rails are too tight or rough to operate smoothly, simply not enough lube... it's hard to say and just have to go one step at a time down the list of "most likely" culprits.

have you tried any other ammo? Bellom is not bad but it is definitely not "full power". I have a ks47 build that short strokes on bellom. It runs barnaul and wolf military classic and my handloads fine however.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top