JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title suggests, I am looking for a complete AR platform .22lr to train with (yes I know I can buy just the upper and slap it on one of my lowers, etc) but I am looking for a dedicated AR carbine for range plinking/training and getting others familiarized to shooting on the platform (esp. for the price of ammo). Who has what? What do you like/dislike? Any specific considerations I should start looking for? Any brands you would go for or stay away from? Any great deals out there? I have seen the Colt repeatedly selling for $300

COL5760300.jpg

The Colt is not a Colt. It's an Umarex . That I would avoid. I have had good luck with a Nordic Components .22 upper. And the Smith seems good as well. The .22 chamber conversions weren't accurate enough for me. There should be other complete uppers that work well if you want to use your lower. And you get the realistic weight. But no bolt holdback on mine to practice realistic mag changes. But super quiet and keeps me up on the AR controls and feel for much less money. Blackdog makes great mag's and if you order directly you get them much cheaper.

Good fun and great for new shooters as well. :)

Well there is the Ruger SR-22... have no experience with them tho. I would have to say if I was going to buy one, it'd be a Ruger or a S&W...
Probably the S&W, because it's in the right price range for something like this.

M&P 15/22 is pretty much flawless.

It's only weak point is the steel hammer and trigger pins can walk out of position. KNS anti-rotation pins solve the problem, but be careful to order the correct set for this rifle since the pins are longer than standard AR pins.

Well....if anyone sees a M&P 15-22 (with threaded barrel) for a good deal....please feel free to shoot me a PM.

and deals on mags....any off brands that are worth looking at?

I like the fact that they come with Magpul sights.

Bought one for my daughter. I don't recall the round count at the time but I had the extractor blow out on me one night while shooting at the indoor range at TCGC.

Luckily, my bro saw where the parts went. It also helped that the table and floor are painted white!

Anyway, the spring was thrashed so I had to track down a new one.
I also ordered a Volquartsen extractor and some KNS pins. Have yet to have any issues since those upgrades....I will eventually pick up for myself, fun little guns they are.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top