JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I meant since I have a new-in-box extra one, what is best way to sell, here or at a gun show?
Whatever is your preference. Here, you can avoid the NCIS BG check $10 expense to the buyer. My rules of thumb:
1. include as much info on your add as possible. pics help a lot, especially when there are many different version (SKUs) of the NIB firearm you are selling. A pic tells a 1000 words.
2. Indicate your state of residence on the add. Makes it a lot easier for folks browsing adds using Tapatalk. Also, for PC browsers users, your "Location" does not indicate your state of residence. (Do not assume everyone will understand metro means Portland). Remember, sales to an out-of-state buyer will involve at least one FFL.
3. Include an asking price in your add. Start with whatever price you think you can get, and go down from there.
4. If you are in a hurry to sell, start with the lowest amount you are willing to get to part with your firearm, and indicate "FIRM".
5. Make clear all your terms on your add, including use of a bill of sale. Make sure you both agree before you close the deal on the phone. Some people (me included) do not like seller keeping a document with important personal information. You've got to respect that.
6. Once you agree to sell to a member, do not back off, even if someone else offers more money. This practice is certainly frowned upon here, and will very likely earn you a negative review, more so now that you've been advised. You can no longer plead ignorance.

Check "classified Adds" stickies for more useful info

Good luck.

Ditto to civilian75.

What I do is look on gunbroker.com and see what they have sold for and then look through the local ads here and see what has been sold and then drop the price a little.

Example: If on gunbroker.com they are selling for $1500 and everyone here is asking $1800, I would list for $1500(ish) and expect to get somewhere around $1300(ish)

Key is to do your research before posting an ad and make it clear as possible. Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top