Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ar 15 vs mini 14 prices

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by wwkii, Dec 22, 2010.

1. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

is it just me or what it seems that ar15 prices are going down but mini14 prices are going up.:confused: that just dosent seem right

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I look at the Mini-14 prices and shake my head. I just can't see that much to justify the price.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
    Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    WAC member
    SWWAC member

3. wwkii

ya me either since bimart sells them cheaper than here used

4. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Nope, you ain't having delusions, they are just about neck and neck, but then again,, have your seriously checked the new mini 14 lately?
    At least as reliable,, well then again lots more reliable, and a whole lot more accurate than my old mini, or for that matter my old Bushmaster. They have come a long way over the years and although I still prefer my Galil, the new mine in the safe would be a close second as a go to unit.

5. wwkii

ya ive never owned one but always wanted to just because the A-TEAM had them hahaha but at the prices im seeing it aint gonna happen . so are the new ones more accurate than they supposably used to be

6. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

my mini 14 has functioned almost flawlessly for 12 years, shoots pretty straight until the barrel gets good and hot. almost any light barreled rifle will start to string thing out when hot

7. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

I was at bi mart the other day, mini 14 ss/syn was $619.00

8. wwkii

ya i know i saw that but here you can find a used one for 650 minimum

9. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

Dang, I thought they were expensive at Bi-Mart 2 years ago when it was $450 for a blue/wood mini.

The only problem I've had with my mini is when i shortened the barrel to 12.5 inches and added a long flash hider. The gas system didn't have enough pressure to work the action. Problem solved with a set of numbered drill bits and a pin vise.

10. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Considering I made my last AR for just over $500 I find that laughable.

11. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

I bought my 30 ss for just over 7 new from one of the more expensive gunshops aroun here....
    Newest model with the heavier barrel.
    I see them at the gunshows ranging in price from 475 to 1000+
    After having the heavier barrel new model, I'll not buy another old model.

Some people seem to think they're worth gold.
    I like mine, and some older ones I've had have been pretty abused and still work.
    I'll always own a mini, and I'll likely always own an AR now.
    Two totally different types of weapon.

12. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Not just you. Everyone and their mom makes an AR-15 of some sort these days which drives the prices down, especially for the lower end rifles. Mini-14s seem to be targeting a different audience now. Ruger has (supposedly) improved the quality control and started making them suck less. Before, they were for people who didn't want to pay the price of an AR-15, but when you can get a decent AR for $600 that no longer makes sense. Now I expect they are targeting people who don't want an AR-15 at all but just want a decent rifle for a decent price, or people who are more attracted to the classic M14 styling of the mini.

Or possibly people who already have an AR-15 and want something different.

Why are you always talking about your trade rating and what things you are a member of? I don't mean to sound rude, but it isn't relevant to the discussion at hand. Talk about how many trades you have in a thread in which you are selling something (if you think it even matters) or talk about how you are a WAC member in a thread about WAC.

13. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

That's his signature, by the looks.

14. fuhr52

fuhr52 Lane County. Oregon Well-Known Member

But a Mini 14 is not an evil black gun.

15. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

That price is about a hundred dollars LESS than it was at Bimart two years ago! Dang! Maybe I could sell a kidney?.........................elsullo :D

16. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

i saw a new model mini 14 at a gun show a while back on the used table for $495. If I had the $$ I probably would have picked it up. I don't know why, but I really like the mini. Its a decent all round rifle, yeah the older ones sucked for accuracy, but with a little tuning they can get better. One of these days I will get a mini again. Its low on the list, but I will get one again. especially since factory mags have come down in price a bit.

17. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

This is the officially the first time I've ever seen anyone rip into anyone else for having a forum signature...
    I laughed.

Welcome to the internet.

18. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

It's not a signature, normal members don't have that option. He actually bothers to paste it into every post as if having a certain number of trade ratings or being a member of some association somehow gives more credence to it. :nuts:

Anyway sorry OP, I got your thread way off topic and filled it with drama. :( I should follow my own advice. :laugh: Mini-14 prices...

19. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

It's still just a 22

20. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

You can get the Mini-30 in 7.62x39 and the Mini-14's are now chambered in 6.8 SPC.

Just saying its not just a 22 anymore. :)