JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Most everyone here already knows this, but it is worth reviewing. The politicians are using deceptive language to gain emotional reactions in the naive public. It is somewhat like creating an "Affordable Care Act" that in reality makes health care more expensive.

Weapon-of-war.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/freedomnw
https://twitter.com/freedomnw
Flickr: freedomnw's Photostream

Weapon-of-war.jpg

I don't know man.. my initial thoughts on that image are this: First, The Ar15-M16 comparison to the Hyundai-Ferarri seems like kind of a stretch. The rifles have a lot more in common than just the tires and the paint job. Second, touting weapons that the grabbers are not going after as the actual weapons of war to make a point seems like it could backfire. Do you really want them going after your M1 Garand next? Using propaganda to fight propaganda can be effective but can also be a detriment. Just something to think about...

Edit: I agree with the message, just not the delivery.

I will agree that the 03 and the K98 are both proven more than once but Im going to say if I had to trust a rifle in battle it would be the Garand without a doubt because that is a semi auto .30-06 and that is armour defeating fire power 600 plus yard rifle that can drop anything in north america and look good doing it. The AR cant match that in any aspect except looking good. When you talk to old timers who served with the M1 they never complain about it except it might bite your thumb when your not being careful and the talk to vets who served with ARs and most all will say there a piece of crap .I have an AR and I have seen jams and mag problems and I wouldnt feel safe with it like the M1. but the advantage of the AR is how common ammunition is

Ban this weapon of war instead. I was contractually obligated to carry one of these around on my back for six years, they can be extremely deadly (to the carrier).

Battle_Axe_2_by_ToasterX.jpg

Battle_Axe_2_by_ToasterX.jpg

Second, touting weapons that the grabbers are not going after as the actual weapons of war to make a point seems like it could backfire. Do you really want them going after your M1 Garand next? Using propaganda to fight propaganda can be effective but can also be a detriment. Just something to think about...
Which is exactly what will happen if they ever pass an "assault weapons" ban! When the ban is ineffective at doing anything they'll start shouting "we didn't do enough, we need to do more" so "ban sniper rifles" and hunting rifles look a lot like sniper rifles!

Not all vets will tell you that AR platform weapons are crap.
I know a lot of 11b guys that love their M4s. None of my issue weapons has ever given me a problem other than when I was testing failure limits at the range. I had one double feed under sustained fire at a bad time, but I dropped the mag, shook the rounds out, and went back at it a little bit slower. Lubed it the first chance I got, and it was good. Most people never have a problem with them, but you definitely hear about those that do.

Also, it was extremely rare to fire 300+ rounds from an M1 over a short period of time. It's been very common with the M16 and M4. Faster rate of fire will always cause more malfunctions.

Which is exactly what will happen if they ever pass an "assault weapons" ban! When the ban is ineffective at doing anything they'll start shouting "we didn't do enough, we need to do more" so "ban sniper rifles" and hunting rifles look a lot like sniper rifles!

And handguns are military sidearms.

Instead of the M1 Rifle for comparison I would use the M1903 "Springfield" or K98k. They are bolt-action rifles that look like typical "deer hunting rifles" but are actual "weapons of war", some of which were literally picked up and brought back from a battlefield.

You could also use a sporterized M1903 or K98k

552812d1286730773-sporterized-1903-springfield-dscn4567.jpg
taa7080.jpg
taa7457.jpg

so it really looks like a deer rifle, with the point that it used to be a "weapon of war".

Good points.

I don't know man.. my initial thoughts on that image are this: First, The Ar15-M16 comparison to the Hyundai-Ferarri seems like kind of a stretch. The rifles have a lot more in common than just the tires and the paint job. Second, touting weapons that the grabbers are not going after as the actual weapons of war to make a point seems like it could backfire. Do you really want them going after your M1 Garand next? Using propaganda to fight propaganda can be effective but can also be a detriment. Just something to think about...

Edit: I agree with the message, just not the delivery.

Regarding the Hyundai-Ferarri analogy: I don't think it is too much of a stretch. Both cars do functionally the same thing ie transport passengers and/or cargo from one place to the next. One of the key differences is in how fast you can do it, ie rate of fire. The point being, two things that merely look the same, or even share some of the same components, are not that same thing where it counts the most.

Regarding the choice of M1:The purpose is to point out the politicians insincerity in choosing the misleading terms they are using to persuade the public, not provide a history of battle rifles. Feinstein doesn't have the guts to go after the M1 (although the OR politicians do eg HB3200). I think it would benefit everyone for the politicians to just get to the point- that they would just as well get rid of the 2nd Amendment entirely. And of course there is Constitutional process to do so if the public were to demand it. Lacking that, all of this chipping away at it should be resisted, and ultimately violates their oath of office regardless of what terms they put on it to pretend otherwise.

Here you go, show this as an example of a "nice" bolt-action huntin' rifle. The kind even Joe Biden and Dianne Feinstein would approve of.

Then reveal that it was a real "weapon of war" made and used by the NAZIS.

Is there a you-tube video out there with someone taking a regular looking hunting type rifle and turning it into an "assault weapon" with nothing but a bag of accessories and a screwdriver?

I will agree that all AR's are not going to fail but they are more prone to it that the M1, but that doesn't mean the Garand never has an issue and maybe I hold them a little higher in my mind But the fact remains that you rarely fire more than 300 round through it because you don't need to,even if you are running 5.56 with 55gr 62gr 75gr whatever the case is it will not come close to matching the firepower of the good ole 30-06 in 150gr up to 180gr which can be used in a more survival situation, but once again this is just my thoughts and don't get me wrong the AR-M4=M16 are a fine weapon and there is a reason we carry them in our forces but I don't belive they are all there cracked up to be. And to top the M1 or the M4 just run a BAR and eat your Wheaties hahaha

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top