JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I actually love my DTI (del ton) upper. They work well and i never really had an issue. The m4 feedramp works well but my feedramp was not that great looking but who cares since it works! You gotta keep a couple of things in mind when budgetting for a build:
1. Sights: Front and rear sights are pricey so you can either go with optics or rail mounted sights. I prefer optics since i dont really like rail mounted sights. They work fine but i just don't like the look.
2. Heavy barrel plus super light lowers = not a great feel due to the lack of balance. The plum crazy is very light so the gun will be front heavy which gets tirring quickly.

I would still get one since they're economical and solid. Go for it.

I dont have personal experience with a Plum Crazy lower but I do have a few close friends that have and I have not heard great things about there fit and finish. If you would like a suggestion for a good quality but inexpensive lower, you should check out the Surplus Ammo and Arms lowers. Very good fit and finish. You can get a complete lower for $165.

<broken link removed>

I dont have personal experience with a Plum Crazy lower but I do have a few close friends that have and I have not heard great things about there fit and finish. If you would like a suggestion for a good quality but inexpensive lower, you should check out the Surplus Ammo and Arms lowers. Very good fit and finish. You can get a complete lower for $165.

<broken link removed>

Can you elaborate? It's an all plastic $100ish complete lower....what were they expecting fit and finish wise?

Can you elaborate? It's an all plastic $100ish complete lower....what were they expecting fit and finish wise?

They were just complaining a bit about how the uppers fit to the lowers. I guess they didnt seem to be impressed by how well they fit together. Again, that is just what I have heard through others that have had them. I have no experience with them. To me, the SAA uppers for just a little more money makes a lot of sense. That is just my .02 cents.

They were just complaining a bit about how the uppers fit to the lowers. I guess they didnt seem to be impressed by how well they fit together. Again, that is just what I have heard through others that have had them. I have no experience with them. To me, the SAA uppers for just a little more money makes a lot of sense. That is just my .02 cents.

Gotcha...

As to the OP's question....Del Ton is good stuff, I've built MANY ARs out of their kits, no complaints. They have excellent customer service also.

<broken link removed>

Thank you for the idea. I've considered other lowers but I'm really on a tight budget. $165 + shipping ($10?) + FFL xfer ($20?) = almost $200.

But basically,if you ain't gunna go thru 10k rounds in a year,get the good deal and shoot it till it breaks.
(think about it,10 k isn't that much if you and a couple friends do 2k a month,every so often)

Then get a better one and repeat

Thank you!

This is exactly why I'm doing a budget build though. Budget build means I don't have the funds to shoot 10K rounds a year. Maybe 1000-1500.

they have nice crisp triggers and for 130 plus 10 background its pretty good. not as fancy looking as billet but ready to go with a stock. put that DTI complete upper some change for a mag and you got yourself a sub six hundred done it yourself AR. i might get one of those dti uppers too they're so cheap. that'll go on my plumcrazy i got from brad for my cheap build.

I like the plum crazy. Its main focus is offering a crisp trigger pull, tight fit (on the one i've seen at least), and affordability. I think the lower hits the mark with the low price point. Of course you can always spend a little more money for A, B, or C but trust me once you decide to up your budget limit you'll never stop. Next thing you know you'll be buying a $450 RRA lower with a 2 stage trigger, ergo grip, and operator stock like me...I started out with PC in mind and now i am way past it. LOL so much for my budget.

I like the plum crazy. Its main focus is offering a crisp trigger pull, tight fit (on the one i've seen at least), and affordability. I think the lower hits the mark with the low price point. Of course you can always spend a little more money for A, B, or C but trust me once you decide to up your budget limit you'll never stop. Next thing you know you'll be buying a $450 RRA lower with a 2 stage trigger, ergo grip, and operator stock like me...I started out with PC in mind and now i am way past it. LOL so much for my budget.

I'm sure once I get the fever, I'll want bigger/better/faster. For now, it's easy. I literally only have $400 to spend on the upper. Once I buy it, I have to start saving (or find some more stuff to sell!) for the lower.

Look just stick to your plans. Buy your upper. Save money and buy the plum crazy or see what else comes up at that point. I assume you're shooting for under the $550 grand total right? AR-15 are modular so can change lowers/uppers later on to suit your needs. Just build it, shoot it, and enjoy it. Don't start worrying too much about battle trigger, stripped lowers, LPK, mil spec vs commercial, etc...right now. Get the 2 complete pieces pinned together and springle in some 5.56 or .223 for seasoning.

Geez, that happened to you too? i've been in the market for a cheap upper since i bought the plumcrazy. but when i started researching and talking to AR snobs i got the itch. found a deal on a noveske and really dont wanna put it on the poly lower. thats why i ordered the dti. even the AR snobs dig those

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top