JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so im looking to get a nicer trigger my lpk is the stock spikes. ive read that instead of buying a 200plus 2 stage that sometimes you can get the jp springs and it makes the trigger feel alot better. anyone have any experience with their springs and does it really make a difference? is their another way to make the trigger feel smoother and not as heavy?

The basic design of an AR trigger has it's problems. Creep and overtravel are built in in copious amounts. I have one AR that I've performed the "50 cent trigger job) which consists of adding a 1/4" set screw beneath the screw that secures the grip. It holds the trigger at minimum sear engagement but still feels like a Military trigger. There are spring kits that reduce the overall pull. Replacing the spring under the disconnector as well as the trigger and hammer springs can make a little difference but the best way is to just drop in a re-designed trigger assy. I prefer Timney for Utility but Jewell would be my second choice.

You can go cheap but chances are you won't notice much difference. I've found the best results, short of changing the trigger assy is to smooth all the surfaces that move when the trigger is pulled. That includes polishing the trigger pin and bore of the trigger itself. Jewelers rouge and a lapping process works great. Just be sure to clean extensively when done.

You can get a good two stage for less than 200.00, Rock River or Jard more like 120.00-150.00 retail at Brownell's, and drop in a reliable safe trigger.
Ditto Re-working the stock parts, usually not much improvement for time energy spent.

You can get a good two stage for less than 200.00, Rock River or Jard more like 120.00-150.00 retail at Brownell's, and drop in a reliable safe trigger.
Ditto Re-working the stock parts, usually not much improvement for time energy spent.
So do you have to buy a trigger kit then add a 2 stage trigger? I am just starting to build my first AR15 and learning what to buy. Any info will help. Is a 2 stage Trigger that much different than a trigger that comes in a Kit? Thanks Again.

So do you have to buy a trigger kit then add a 2 stage trigger? I am just starting to build my first AR15 and learning what to buy. Any info will help. Is a 2 stage Trigger that much different than a trigger that comes in a Kit? Thanks Again.

For me personally, I can't see any real benefit to a 2-Stage. I like a trigger that just fires when I press it with the appropriate amount of pressure. My best firearms have single stage triggers and very little travel at all.

If you want to spend $$ do it right and go Geiselle. I've done JP springs and they are an improvement, as well as the set screw mod. They both help and can turn a junky heavy LPK trigger into something bearable.

How much do they sell for and what is the best place to buy it.
Is it a kit or just a trigger? Thanks

There are a range of triggers available from geissele at a range of prices. I got an ssa-e, which is a complete drop in. It was a simple install. I think it was about $200 although some of their triggers are more and some are less. You can get them directly from geissele or from the usual suspects. It is a wonderful trigger, well worth the cost.

Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net

Rock River Arms National Match 2-Stage Trigger Kit for AR-15 - Surplus Ammo

Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Trigger Groups | Geissele Enhanced Combat Trigger - SSA-E

Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Trigger Groups | Geissele Combat Trigger - SSA / SSF

Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Trigger Groups | Timney Single Stage Match Trigger

I have mostly Geissele FCG's in my AR's. But I also have RRA 2-stage NM triggers, Wilson Combat TTU, Timney, LMT. They all work, and work smoother than a stock trigger group. That's not to say that the stock trigger in your LPK won't smooth out over time. Replacing the springs with JP springs will help, over a stock set. If you are going to try the 'do-it-yourself' home trigger work, be very careful how much material you remove and from where.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top