JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dumb question on my part and forgive me. Is this a 80% build or a complete lower? What kind of front gas block? Is the buffer compatible with the gun? Correct buffer spring? Sorry for the basic questions.

Respectfully.

Edited for speeellling, Wong wourd, grammour, punchunation, dangling partacycles, etc.. :)

Last Edited:
Dumb question on my part and forgive me. Is this a 80% build or a complete lower? What kind of front gas block? Is the buffer compatible with the gun? Correct buffer spring? Sorry for the basic questions.

Respectfully.

Edited for speeellling, Wong wourd, grammour, punchunation, dangling partacycles, etc.. :)
I would never take offense at someone trying to help me with a problem.:)

This is a 16" PSA A2 kit. All the parts came in the kit. I did remove the A2 gas block and handguard. I installed a 12" quad rail handguard with a low profile gas block that fits under it. Those are the only non-stock parts.
GunInv2016-PSAR15.jpg

GunInv2016-PSAR15.jpg

@Stomper @DirectDrive @HB of CJ and others. With your help I found the problem. Everything was installed correctly. I removed the hammer and trigger assembly and reassembled all the parts after a careful inspection. The problem persisted. I was able to determine that the trigger return spring was not quite strong enough to cause the disconnector to unlatch from the hammer. With a slight amount of forward pressure on the trigger it would unlatch. The hammer had been being held by the disconnector and not allowed to return to resting on the seer.

Closer inspection of the operative edge of the latching tooth on the disconnector revealed what looked like some burrs or machining marks. A couple of light touches with a jewelers file cleaned that up.

Upon reassembly, the trigger began to occasionally return to the forward position and unlatch the hammer from the disconnector. Many cycles of the trigger/disconnector/hammer produced a more consistently normal function, and after a couple hundred cycles the disconnector is now pretty reliably unlatching from the hammer.

I may disassemble the whole thing again and do a bit more polishing on the disconnector/hammer interface, but I'm inclined to just let it wear in. If it doesn't wear in pretty quickly I'll be doing that disassembly and polishing.

So thanks again, to all of you who responded. Problem solved with your help.

Are you using standard springs or aftermarket low power springs?

Just curious.

I ran a white arkansas stone across all the surfaces on my triggers and it made a nice improvement in trigger feel.

Are you using standard springs or aftermarket low power springs?

Just curious.

I ran a white arkansas stone across all the surfaces on my triggers and it made a nice improvement in trigger feel.
Standard springs. I do NOT want to get into re-engineering springs like we did with paintball guns. I still have a whole set of parts drawers full of springs for swapping out in paintball guns. You can try several hundred different spring combinations before you find just the right one. NOT going to do that with a random generic AR. :)

I may try stoning the trigger parts. Jewelers' files are good, but a stone would really polish things up. Wish I'd thought of that the other day when I had it apart.

Standard springs. I do NOT want to get into re-engineering springs like we did with paintball guns. I still have a whole set of parts drawers full of springs for swapping out in paintball guns. You can try several hundred different spring combinations before you find just the right one. NOT going to do that with a random generic AR. :)

I may try stoning the trigger parts. Jewelers' files are good, but a stone would really polish things up. Wish I'd thought of that the other day when I had it apart.

I have had to send PSA trigger parts back in the past before because they weren't right and did exactly what you're talking about

Got my first AR15, a High Standard piston carbine, about five years ago, so I'm no old timer with the black gun, but dang! I learned ten times what I did in those five years from what I found in this thread. I knew there was a reason I liked you guys up yonder over there...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top