JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dead is dead no matter if someone is killed with a AR15 or a antique muzzleloader.
If we banned everything that had the potential to make mass murder easier we would still be living in caves trying to figure out how fire works...

I do not have an answer to the problem of someone wanting to commit mass murder.
I only know the idea of restricting a law abiding person of any sort of firearm , in the hopes of stopping crime is cause for me to doubt the sanity of the person suggesting that idea.
Andy

Dead is dead no matter if someone is killed with a AR15 or a antique muzzleloader.
If we banned everything that had the potential to make mass murder easier we would still be living in caves trying to figure out how fire works...

I do not have an answer to the problem of someone wanting to commit mass murder.
I only know the idea of restricting a law abiding person of any sort of firearm , in the hopes of stopping crime is cause for me to doubt the sanity of the person suggesting that idea.
Andy

If there were only a law prohibiting criminal homicide, then all this would stop overnight! :rolleyes:

Remember, these tangos will use what ever means they can find to bring about the death of the great Satan, the infidel of the west! They have shown a willingness to blow us up, shoot us, lop our heads off, chop us with machetes, stab us, and lets not forget, Poison us! How do we defend against such threats? A gun makes a statement, it allows a stand off means to engage as many a possible at one time! These people want us armed, they want us to fight, the more of us that they face, the greater the glory in the end for them! There belief system demands this of them,and when they marter them selves, the promise of everlasting glory in heaven with 72 virgins is the motivation! We cannot beat them, they are the perfect weapons of mass destruction! They must be utterly destroyed! The only time the language of these people is heard on this earth is in That Hot Place! So taking away out guns, just makes it that much easier and more efficient for them to carry out there evil deeds!:mad::mad::mad:

Andy
What people seem to forget, the old muzzle loaders, the original Assault rifles, did far more damage and wounded far more people then most modern military arms! How many solders suffered amputations due to being hit by one of those Humongous projectiles? I bet its a whole lot more then modern bullets!

What people seem to forget, the old muzzle loaders, the original Assault rifles, did far more damage and wounded far more people then most modern military arms! How many solders suffered amputations due to being hit by one of those Humongous projectiles? I bet its a whole lot more then modern bullets!
While more than likely true , medical treatment of the times and dirt / whatever the ball / bullet picked up from rolling around in the shooting pouch sure didn't help much either ...
But I do get your point , people tend to think 'cause their old , they are somehow less deadly.
Andy

I think what a lot of anti gun people fail to understand is that mankind has from day one been searching for a better and more efficient way to kill.
Tired of eating someone else's kill?
First a rock or a stick. Then a rock on a stick to make a spear , followed by the bow , knives to swords , swords to guns . The list is endless.
Why is this a shock to these people? Use the biggest hammer to make the biggest dent.
A bomb in a truck , a plane into a building , shooting up a workplace or club , all the same in the end.

We as people also have the ability to use these same items without cause anyone any harm.
The use of AR15 / AK copies or any other rifle of those types in crimes , is far out numbered by people who own them for non-criminal uses.
How many thousands of these rifles are owned and used without committing a crime?
Why is that not reported?
A AR15 etc.. Is not much different that a Remington model 8 from over a hundred years ago.
Both are or were cutting edge semi auto rifles for their time.
Both have been used for good and bad purposes.
The biggest difference is the man with his finger on the trigger and his actions.

Blaming a single type of gun or the thousands of law abiding gun owners and their guns for the actions of criminals, people who these same law abiding gun owners have no control over , is grossly unfair and irresponsible.
Andy

Last Edited:
At the end of the day, the enemy is not using logic in their "crusade" against guns. They're using feelings, and the government is taking advantage of that by tugging their heartstrings to get them to agree with gun control, and eventual outright ban on guns.

I think virgins are really overrated. I think maybe, 5 or 10, then the rest with some experience and that's a better deal.
The problem is that no one ever specified that the virgins would be women.

Murder is still illegal no matter what tool you use. I tried not to get into an argument with someone I care about over guns but police can only do something once they are notified and then the clock starts. Unless you have an emergency next door to a police station you'll probably really wish you have a way to protect yourself.

What rifle he used is irrelevant and is an intentional distraction from the real problem. We have a society that is so deluded as to actually believe their government wants to protect them and is capable of doing so. No one believes these things will happen to them, so they don't prepare. They don't remain vigilant. They don't even ask the damn question "should I go there"? "Is there some form of adequate protection for me"? "Should I be armed"?

Too many believe that a new law will save them. Too many believe the government actually cares about them. Too many people fear guns rather than the people that use guns as weapons to take out innocents.

I would say it would be best on our part if we always work to change the topic away from the type of gun used (distraction) to the actual topic at hand - finding and stopping terrorists. How many times will crap like this have to happen before people actually see that the threat of terrorist attack is real and it can and may find itself staring you in the face some day. If that happens, what is your plan then? What if the attacker shows up and doesn't use an 'assault' weapon, what if they used something completely different, say, like a pressure cooker bomb? But that would never happen, right?? Or let's say maybe a psycho driving a car through a huge crowd of people in Las Vegas???

The fact is that there are between 5 and 10 million legally owned AR/MSR rifles in the United States right now. There are about 100 million legally owned rifles of all kinds, with about 20-30 million those that are commonly classified as "Assault" or "Assault style" rifles - basically things like AK's, SKS, etc. With estimates of 300 - 400 million guns owned by Americans, shouldn't it be amazing how few of those are ever used in crimes? Source of these numbers and an interesting article here: The Truth About "Assault Weapons" (http://goal.org/newspages/AWB-truth.html)

Work on changing the discussion. Do not fall into the "AR is too dangerous" trap. It is meant to get you off-topic and focusing on something that has little, if anything, to do with the issue. If someone attempts this with you in conversation, do what you can to turn them back to reality - gun free zones don't work, background checks don't work, gun control does not work. ignorance of the real issues does not work.

@etrain16
If I ever used the "follow" feature here on the forum, you would be among the top few of the candidates. Many, and I mean MANY times, I've put thoughts to text in the box below threads, only to delete it for not making sense.

Most times it's too early in the morn and the caffeine hasn't kicked in, or it's the end of the day and my head needs to meet the pillow.

+1 on your above comments.

@etrain16
If I ever used the "follow" feature here on the forum, you would be among the top few of the candidates. Many, and I mean MANY times, I've put thoughts to text in the box below threads, only to delete it for not making sense.

Most times it's too early in the morn and the caffeine hasn't kicked in, or it's the end of the day and my head needs to meet the pillow.

+1 on your above comments.

Why thank you, that's a kind compliment. I will respond by saying I read much of what you post as well and have given many likes. You do make some great comments yourself. Perhaps you should hit "post reply" rather than delete them?? ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top