JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Spit on it. :D
If the need to spit on it occurs, there was a serious lack of warm-up/preparation that led up to that point…

Since I am obviously only talking about the takedown pin the OP struggled with, the example of lack of warm up would be pausing and taking the time to make sure he was putting it in the correct hole.

This is an important thing to understand, and has some very important life applications. This was probably a very needed lesson for OP, and there will be people in his future who truly benefit from him having learned this, 'the hard way.' So that he will never make this mistake again.

P.S.

:s0121::s0023:

1696880639385.png

BUT, But, but..........

1696880601846.png

Aloha, Mark

1. Cutoff wheel on a Dremel.
  2. Rotate the pin as you are cutting it from the center so you don't hit the lower.
  3. Pull the capped end first, push out the other end.
  4. Throw away the pin, spring and plunger.
  5. Get an OOPS kit.
  6. Start over....

If the need to spit on it occurs, there was a serious lack of warm-up/preparation that led up to that point…

Since I am obviously only talking about the takedown pin the OP struggled with, the example of lack of warm up would be pausing and taking the time to make sure he was putting it in the correct hole.

This is an important thing to understand, and has some very important life applications. This was probably a very needed lesson for OP, and there will be people in his future who truly benefit from him having learned this, 'the hard way.' So that he will never make this mistake again.

P.S.

At least the lower doesn't scream "OW !!!"

P.S.

In a hurry. :D

Ignorance joining the party. Are both lower and pin same metal? I've used, carefully that is, a heat gun. Surprised myself. Tell me I'm wrong, as I think I am.

I am dealing with this now but was able to hammer pivot pin to the open position. I used paper clip trick to rotate pin past detent. Looking at the pin it is definitely a case of the open position detent hole being too deep/wide. I polished and lubed both detent holes and now the closed positioned detent hole works but open position does not. I maybe be able to file down some material around the open position detent hole but pivot pins are cheap so I will likely get a new one.
I ended up ordering a cheap replacement pivot pin from Delta Team Tactical and it works as it should. The pivot pin from the PSA kit is defective.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top