JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm having the opposite problem as this other thread about AR Stock Rattle: AR stock rattle...

I've been worried about the new BCM SOPMOD stock I bought about a month ago because I initially couldn't get it onto the receiver extension/buffer tube of my BCM rifle. How tight are these things supposed to fit? After consulting some people at the last class I took I decided to give it another go and not be so gentle. It went on but it is TIGHT. The standard BCM stock was actually pretty sloppy so I'm not sure how it's supposed to fit. I'm happy it doesn't rattle at all but it would be nice if it was a little easier to adjust. Do they break in? Should I hit the front edge of the inside of the stock with a little sandpaper?

Review for the BCM MOD-0 SOPMOD Stock: I absolutely love the SOPMOD shape versus the standard BCM stock. No matter how I mount the rifle my eye now lines up perfectly with the scope and I'm not moving around trying to find the eye box. In fact, the eye box is also a lot more forgiving with this new setup. I'm running a SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 in a SWFA branded Bobro slightly forward mount on a BCM RECCE 16 KMR-A but it also seems to work better for my irons as well.
BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Stock Assembly-Mod 0-SOPMOD-Black

Looking at the link the stock is milspec. It appears your using a commercial sized buffer tube.
That's what I thought too but I figured everything on a BCM factory rifle would be milspec. My buffer tube measures exactly 1.150" so it's definitely milspec.

I should have elaborated on how tight "tight" is. It's a friction fit, not a press fit. After moving the stock in and out a few dozen times it moves a little better and takes some effort but it's not nearly as tight as I initially though it was.

Someone who replied to me on facebook about this said both of his BCM stocks are pretty tight so this actually appears to be normal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top