JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well a co-worker ask me a few days back if I new why his safety selector was jammed he was unable to get it to move. Well unfortunately I have not owned one would like to when I can afford it so I do not know the internal guts of a AR I told him. Can anyone out there tell me why it maybe doing that ? I figure he has reinstalled something wrong, just my thought though plus I think if you own a gun you should know how it works. (I did not tell him that again just my thoughts. Can't anyone tell me so I can relay it to him ?
Thanks guys. Oh by the way it is really a co-worker it's not me.

Yeah, worn down spring or detent, ask him if he changed his grip lately, maybe forgot to install all that stuff back in. If he is local I can help him out, I live near glencoe high school and have a bunch of extra springs and detents for the ar15.

It won't operate if the hammer is down. Have him take out the mag, ensure it's not loaded rack the BCG with the CH a few times. Then he'll be able to put the safety on. If he pulls the trigger on the empty chamber then the selector won't go to safe.

It won't operate if the hammer is down. Have him take out the mag, ensure it's not loaded rack the BCG with the CH a few times. Then he'll be able to put the safety on. If he pulls the trigger on the empty chamber then the selector won't go to safe.

That's what I was thinking as well. Freaked me out the first time it happened to me.

One other thing to check if he takes the grip off. Some of the detent pins out there are soft and with use wear the point off. The point fits into a drilled spot on the safety and when the pin wears flatter makes it extremely difficult if not impossible to move the safety.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top