JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know that the reciever holes are .250 and the pins are supposed to be about .248ish

I had gotten a kit from PSA and everything was good except that the rear pin would not go into either the upper or lower.

I verified the pin holes with .250 pin gage and the front pin measured at .2485
The rear pin measured at .256.
Rather than wait for another pin I chucked up that one and turned it down to .248
I sourced another pin and just installed it after verifing it was .248

My question is, are there oversize pins and one just got put in my bag or does PSA have a bunch of rear pins that are way out of spec?

Dunno. Either it's the pins or the holes. Back in the mists of time oversize stuff was available for rebuilds. Today it might be easier to just contact your supplier. What you maybe do not want to do is start reaming the holes in the receiver(s). It is always possible out of spec parts get slipped through the system. Sounds like you have the means and skills to fix the problem.

Always modify the cheapest part first.
The lower pin holes were in spec at .250" so no reason to ream them.

I did email PSA and tell them I recieved an out of spec rear pin just to advise them, haven't heard anything back and don't expect to.
I did search the PSA site for oversize pins and they don't appear to sell any.
Not really a big deal other than the inital WTF is wrong with this pin moment.

I did find one site that has .258" pins.
I figure those are for lowers with rear holes that are wallowed out and are reamed to .260"

there are oversized pins, but usually only by .001-.002" or so, I think JP makes some. I hear some match/picky type shooters like the tight fit, and some receivers have worn out holes.

.256" is strange.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads