JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are too many variables for any one to give you an accurate estimate. A couple of good resources are gunbroker.com & gunsamerica.com. They can give you a ball park figure of what people are asking for similar rifles. From my personal experience, I've seen a Bushmaster A2 upper go for $550 on the low then and flat tops go for as much as $800 or more if they're accessorized. If you can get more details I'm sure we could narrow it down to a $200 dollar range or so.

Depends on the condition of the rifle..Some of those city guys are pretty hard on firearms. They have even been known to leave them on the trunk of a police car, and forget about them. :D

A lot would also depend on whether it has optics and if not, were the iron sights removed at one time for optics? If it's not ready to go with sights, it could get costly. It could also have valuable optics on it. No way to tell what it's worth from the description.

I would pay $650 for a very decent flat top Bushmaster with its original iron sights. Very decent condition though.

A lot would also depend on whether it has optics and if not, were the iron sights removed at one time for optics? If it's not ready to go with sights, it could get costly. It could also have valuable optics on it. No way to tell what it's worth from the description.

I would pay $650 for a very decent flat top Bushmaster with its original iron sights. Very decent condition though.
With this in mind what sort of questions should I ask please be specific thanks so much I know nothing about this type rifle

With this in mind what sort of questions should I ask please be specific thanks so much I know nothing about this type rifle

i could give you a list 5 miles long of things to ask about the rifle... and the seller probably won't know the answer to any

the best way to handle this is to get some detailed pics from the guy and post them up with any info the seller can give..

but first of all- why are you interested in this rifle specifically? there's NO shortage of good deals out there right now, but this one must have caught your eye for some specific reason

Oye Vey
Like I said in another thread,why all the questions? Make you feel smarter to confuse the guy?

If it isn't too fancy or have many extras it worth around $600-700 New AR's can be had for around $700 at the low end
If it has some fancy sites or a cool holo site then a couple hundred more . If he didn't give any details I would bet he didn't put anything WAY COOL or expensive on it,cause when you spend a ton on something you tend to remember details better.

All the fancy hand guards and sites only add so much anyway.Kinda like buying a Harley.You're gunna change something on it,so the extras don't add up.Extra mags add very little.Ammo adds about half or less of what it goes for new.Hard case is nice (15 bucks at Big 5)

So a used AR,Bushmaster,RRA,Oly Arms,etc would go for somewhere between $600-700.If he wants more,take it to a gun shop and say you want to trade it in on something.They will give you about 80% of what the retail value is.Or add say $75 to their price.

Simple question simple answers

good luck

Oye Vey
Like I said in another thread,why all the questions? Make you feel smarter to confuse the guy? -snip-

it,cause when you spend a ton on something you tend to remember details better. -snip-

Simple question simple answers

good luck

It isn't that simple. Someone who also doesn't know a lot about AR's let him know that a LEO dept. is liquidating because they bought new AR's. He has the opportunity, and what sounds like a fair price. Now he's trying to get as much info as he can so he can decide whether to buy when he looks at them, and what to look for.

Personally I think the info he's getting here is very good, and in his case, necessary and helpful for him. I think your info is helpful.

$.02

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top