JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What influences your AR-15 purchasing decision?

• Brand

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Looks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Price

Votes: 30 20.8%
  • Quality

Votes: 58 40.3%
  • Reliability

Votes: 40 27.8%

• Total voters
How about we just discuss what we have and why, rather than why the mine is better than your stuff. If you like your DelTon, great tell us why. If you like your LMT, great, Noveske, great, Olympic, great. Discuss why yours works for you, rather than why its better than what your neighbor has...

I've always found that you pretty much get what you pay for Gunner...But if you want to sell that POS Colt for Del-Ton money, please let me know. :D

Actually, I'm going to send that POS Colt back to Colt and ask them to see if they can get it to quit jamming about every 10th shot. :s0155:

Mind you, I have a ton of mags in different brands and types all of which work fine in the Del-Ton. There's just something wrong with that Colt, that's all.

Now that I have everyones attention, yes I had a part fail in an AR-15.
About ten years ago I had a Model 1 parts kit build that I was firing Russian ammo through and the extractor pin broke in half (still fed, fired, and extracted, only found it after cleaning).
I have heard that steel case ammo is hard on extractors, and why not extractor pins if that is true?
I have four different AR brands now and have had no failure issues with any of them.

Actually, I'm going to send that POS Colt back to Colt and ask them to see if they can get it to quit jamming about every 10th shot. :s0155:

Mind you, I have a ton of mags in different brands and types all of which work fine in the Del-Ton. There's just something wrong with that Colt, that's all.

That's what the sad truth is, no matter a $700 gun or $2500 they will all break at some. Some times the cheaper ones last longer as well.

Ive had the pleasure of owning 8 different ars including the rra lar8 308 26 inch stainless bull. Since I shoot for accuracy at extreme ranges and closer range very small targets accuracy is my first concern price next and reliability last. Ive had ars that wouldnt hold a 6inch group at a hundred and I now have several that shoot sub half min. I like the good ones so much I will not sell them but the ones that wouldnt group have been sold off. Hess was a bad one for accuracy but it wouldnt jam to save your life. I had a short barrel bushmaster that shot 3inches on a good day with the best load I could find for it. I have a bushmaster varminter that does the same thing so Im having it re-bored to 6x45 and will use it for deer and coyotes. My dpms 20inch target model puts them all in a 1/2 inch circle at 100 yds so that one stays with me in the truck. Finding the right rifle for me has been expensive as **** but I now have what I consider a fine bunch of shooters that will serve me till I cant pull the trigger anymore. Love is truely grand.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top