JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this posted elsewhere. Prices were taken from Gunbroker on three AR-15 models (low, mid, high priced options) from auctions that actually sold. Each graph has two lines, one for the highest ending price and one for the lowest ending price. Looks like the peak came and went, and now higher prices are less dictated by panic buyers and more dictated by low availability (although I think availability will increase because a lot of people buying didn't have a genuine need and were looking to flip their guns for a profit).

This is corroborated by what I'm seeing in the classifieds here on NWFA. There are a lot of postings in the rifle section with comments like "price dropped" and "new lower price".

uoX8yjs.jpg

RnIllc5.jpg

bdVrmJ3.jpg

Weird they were ramping up right before sandy hook, theres still plenty that havnt got the memo trying to sell sporter ar's that retail for 600 trying to rip uneducated off for 1800

Gotta love excel!

Seems about right. I got my colt on 12/20 for $1120.00. I have yet to see the gouging on weapons or ammo drop or the availability of either increase. Well see what happens in the next 6 months.

Weird they were ramping up right before sandy hook, theres still plenty that havnt got the memo trying to sell sporter ar's that retail for 600 trying to rip uneducated off for 1800

I dont think they were ramping up. It's just the line connecting the dots between the 12/7 and 12/14 sale dates. In other words, no sales between the dates are included on the graph.

I bought a ps90 the night after Sandy Hook shooting. I found one still in stock at Lanbos Armory for around $1400. On Gunbroker prices had already started to creep up to aroung $16-1700 for the same standard model. Thing is there were only about 5 for sale. Yesterday, there were 45 for sale at around $2000 being asked. I have seen bidding stop around $1800 though whereas during the peak, $2100 for the standard model was normal. I guess a lot of guys who love their guns only love them to a point... :)

I suspect that the ramping up actually started in October once the electoral math became clear, and early November following reelection. Too bad these charts don't start in summer 2012.

Still pretty cool.

Could be that the number of buyers has dropped rather than other factors. Most folks who were motivated by the rational or not, ban potential now have one.
J am not as optimistic as some here. I feel that executive order and our own. State legislature are serious issues. We are far from being out of the woods and a return to anything resembling normalcy.

I would like to see a chart on AR stripped lowers. I have noticed the price dropping across the board on those..

I believe it has to do with the fact that no one can afford to build / cant find the parts to build the ones they have now so paying top dollar for something you can't use is bringing the market back down. I passed on two forged Seekins lowers $180 per last week just because I knew I couldn't build it and flipping it was not going turn much of a profit. I am still waiting on parts availability and prices to start coming back to normal on LPK- BCG and barrels before building the lowers I have now.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top