JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering either an AR-15 pistol or a Kel-Tec PLR-16 for a "short" (but not SBR - I live in WA) suppressed option.

Anyone have any experience with AR-15 Pistols? Are they reliable with the correct ammo? It seems to be that there may be some feeding issues with sub-sonic ammo in either of these guns

Anything to look out for or avoid?

Other suggestions appreciated but I'm leaning towards and AR-15 pistol type configuration since I have a suppressor already on order.

OK, researching this more. (Maybe this thread should be in the NFA area). Can you use a threaded suppressor with an AR Pistol in WA or do you need a different connection mechanism?

I had a RRA 10.5" pistol. It was loud, fun, and fairly reliable.

I bought it thinking it would be nice in a SBR kind of way - I live in WA too. But I ended up trading it off because it was too much of a compromise. It was hard to shoot accurately offhand, I was never comfortable with the 'cheek' technique, and while shouldering the weapon was technically possible it was very awkward. The end came when I compared it to my MSAR and I realized they were about the same size.

Have you considered an AR-15 upper with a short barrel and welded suppressor? That way, you can meet the minimum length requirements and still have a very compact AR. I think you'd be happier with it than the 'pistol.'

Interesting, I hadn't thought of a .223 bullpup. I'm getting my first suppressor. I'll see how that goes before I go the "weld on" route.

I haven't shot an AR pistol but from the look of it it would be similar to a pistol grip shotgun. I'm reasonably good with the pistol grip shotgun so I figured it would be a similar experience.

IMHO it's way different. Shotguns are designed to be point and shoot. Rifles need to be aimed. And at rifle - or even pistol - distances, it's pretty easy to miss with an AR pistol from the hip.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top